HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   Romney Cycle in WV (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/233270-romney-cycle-wv.html)

geterdun3 02-18-2008 10:59 PM

Romney Cycle in WV

whats up with these guys? i continue to hear good things about them and that they can save a buyer alot of money. do they have taxes? or just real good prices. maybe i have been hearing wrong but i thought i would see if anyone else had an opinion before i possibly ride out there. thanks alot

tourangeaud 02-20-2008 12:45 PM

RE: Romney Cycle in WV

I don't know about that particular dealer, but I did buy a couple of ATV's from another dealer in W.VA and there is no sales tax. That was a couple of years ago, but I would think things havn't changed. I got good prices from ridersville cyclesoutside of Berkley Springs. They will give you there best price right over the phone.

DougMD 02-20-2008 02:04 PM

That's where I got mine. Low prices and no tax if you are out of state. CALL if you are interested in anything and get a price quote over the phone before you head there. Nowadays, you can do all your shopping by phone to find the place with the lowest prices...

BTBowhunter 02-20-2008 05:16 PM

Might want to be careful and do your homework on the tax thing depending on where you live and will use the ATV.
In PA, all ATV's that aren't strictly on your own private property must now be licensed. In order to license it you must show proof that sales tax was paid. Even if it was paid in another state PA will make you pay the difference if the sales tax is less than in PA.

Just one more of the new benefits of fast Eddies administration!

Windwalker7 02-29-2008 08:04 PM

I can help you.

I bought acouple ATVs there over the last few years. Yes their prices are cheap. If you are a nonresident, you DO NOT pay taxes.

You will, however, pay taxes when you register that ATV back in you home state. You pay taxes on the price you payed for it at Romney.

Another GOOD thing about Romney is that they don't charge that redicules set up fee that all the other dealers charge. Some charge around $250. They do charge a $25 fee for paper work though.

Romney is a volume dealer. They make their money by selling so many. The manufacturer ( Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki) pays Romney a big check for selling so many of their product. They get a kick back. They only make about $100 per unit on the sale price.

Romney Cycle has an affiliate that sells Honda if you want to go that way. Called "Tri County Honda". Phone 304-257-4420

The higher the price of the quad, the more you can save. They are usually several hundred under MSRP.

Romney also sells motorcycles.

One thing about Romney, call ahead of time to be sure that they have what you want. They sell quick. They may have three quads in the model you want and next week they are all gone.

They told me they sometimes sell 30 units on a Saturday.

It is kinda weird. When I bought a quad there one time I was waiting in line with my money as if I was at a store waiting to buy something. I was waiting behind other guys buying quads. Actually waiting in line to pay. that is so unlike any other dealership I've been to.

You can't go wrong. What others are telling you about good deals is true.