Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 COUGARS ARE HERE >

COUGARS ARE HERE

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

COUGARS ARE HERE

Old 04-03-2008, 07:39 AM
jf5

Default RE: COUGARS ARE HERE

[&:]How does DNA prove the lion was wild??
Old 04-03-2008, 09:05 AM
Fork Horn

you are a joke sproul... LAY OFF THE CRACK PIPE
Old 04-03-2008, 09:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

yes, dna has proved it was from what i heard today to be WILD.
That little man on your shoulder talking to you again. DNA can not proove if something is wild or not seek help.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

yes, dna has proved it was from what i heard today to be WILD.
That little man on your shoulder talking to you again. DNA can not proove if something is wild or not seek help.
Uhhhhhh......how do you get DNA from a track??? Huh???
Old 04-03-2008, 11:27 AM

they have always had cougars in West Virginia so i dont see whys they wont have them in the hills in Pennsylvania. My uncle has a taned cougar hide off one that he killed about 30 years ago. I had one get in a number two coiled spring trap that i had set for fox about ten years back and it looked like awhole heeard ofwhistle pigs had been diging there before he pulled out. But that was about a mile walk infrom the nearist loggin road.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:51 PM

Hark...I hear banjos........

No Cats here, there, or anywhere....east of theMississippi.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: sproulman

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

Only another 800 or so miles to go and it would have made it to pa.
kansas game commission had same thinking as you, they even said THEY DONT EXIST.
they could not even find a track BUT the farmer found tracks and he CONFIRMED it was COUGAR,yes, dna has proved it was from what i heard today to be WILD.

sooooooooooooooooooooo,now a CONFIRMED cougar in state that said THEY DONT EXIST.

hmmmmmmmmm,i wonder it that cougar was a PET?

I think maybe somene needs to quit worrying about DNA and needs to lay off the PCP and LSD!!
Old 04-03-2008, 04:19 PM

We could always hang another pic of a wild coyote....to prove there are Cats here.

Too funny.......
Old 04-03-2008, 06:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DLBuxton

they have always had cougars in West Virginia so i dont see whys they wont have them in the hills in Pennsylvania. My uncle has a taned cougar hide off one that he killed about 30 years ago. I had one get in a number two coiled spring trap that i had set for fox about ten years back and it looked like awhole heeard ofwhistle pigs had been diging there before he pulled out. But that was about a mile walk infrom the nearist loggin road.

CONFIRMED tracks were found in hammersly fork,pa.dutlinger wildlife area in 2005.
pictures were taken and confirmed to be cougar.
at this time numerous camp owners heard the cougar. pa.
state policeman was witness on screams and property owners found doe that had blood on back of its neck in hammersly fork creek about 1/2 mile from rt 144.doe ran into water to escape the cougar.pgc took the doe but did not investigate the incident.

these homeowners lived their for over 40 years or moreand NEVER heard those screams beforein their life.

does a cougar make screams like they said they heard,i believe so because the one i saw screamed at me and i was only 15 ft away.

it sounds just llike the penn state lion you hear when you go to football games.

i also talked to a few out of area fisherman who also said they heard those screams in summer fishing HAMMERSLY FORK at night while they were walking back to their car which is about 2 or 3 mile walk back.

they said those sounds sent shivers up their back.
i asked a person like some of you that dont believe they are here and guess what they saidthose sounds area?

HOOT OWL,dont laughed,thats what they say we are hearing.GOOD DAY!
Old 04-04-2008, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Sproul....For all the talking that's been going on about screams, it seems evident that none of you have ever heard a Great Horned owl scream at night. The fellow who said it was a hoot owl was very close, if not correct. A Great Horned scream will put stuff up your back that will take Charmins to get off. The first time I ever heard one it made my hair stand straight up, gave me goose pimples and made my eyes water. Scared the living daylights out of me. I was about 12 yrs. old at the time. That's where your screaming at night is coming from.

Quick Reply: COUGARS ARE HERE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.