Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 COUGARS ARE HERE >

COUGARS ARE HERE

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

COUGARS ARE HERE

Old 02-27-2008, 07:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: COUGARS ARE HERE

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil from Maine

[blockquote]quote:

Several friends that have hunted MA and Maine in areas that cougars are claimed..yep. No sign. [/blockquote]

Ilive, hunt, and fish up here, and yes, I can tell you they do exist in Maine. I took 3 photos of cougar trackson my cell phone with a dollar bill beside them. I showed them to my co-workers and a few others before deleting them, they could see them really well. It was from a female with a cub last fall archery hunting. They ran across the road in front of myself and a friend on a dirt road about 20 miles from the nearest town. Why didI delete them from my cell phone? Simply put my job depends on woodcutters cutting wood, I enjoy my right to hunt and fish without the good ol gov. telling where I can and cannot hunt. It would change the way of life for to many of us to even think about giving info like this up to them.

[/blockquote]
OK...but I till say 99.9% of these sightings are bogus. I love the stories...but still no proof...

All respect due phil...I still don't understand why you would delete them. Is the Gov going to confiscate your phone??
No I do not think so, they could have those pics sent from my phone to an e-mail to be checked into tho.. As stated above there is a real concern over the way we live up here if they could find a way to prove that they in fact exist here.. Our way of life up here depends on the paper and lumber industries and their right to harvest the woods. That would be greatly changed if in fact it could be proved that the Eastern Mountain Lion does exist here. That would not be a welcome thing up here. We already expierence issues over tha Canadian Lyxn up here and there is no doubt more to come on the lyxn alone. We do not need more issues over other near extint wildlife here. It would surely affect the way we hunt and for those that trap as well. Trappers up here are already under the scope because of a chance of catching a lyxn or eagle in a trap as it is.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

You could not legally shoot a cougar in PA even if you saw one and wanted to. The reason is because they are not included on the non-protected list of animals in PA. But here is the dilema. If the PGC says they do not exist, as they have been documented as stating and you did shoot one - how could you be fined for shooting an animal that doesn't exist?????????????????????
Old 02-28-2008, 12:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

if PHIL said he saw cougar and kitten,HE DID.if PHIL said he took pictures,HE DID.

this person is HONORABLE man, i would trust his word.

but BELIEVE what you want.

now on too more FACTS.

ole sproul could be WRONG on thinking that cougars are MIGRATING to pa..

i am nowgetting a little more educated on cougar.
i feel now that maybe most of cougars were always here,just my feeling.some migrate.

wild breeding cougar.

now, on with some FACTS..

did we all know that there has been multiple sighting AND CONFIRMED tracks thru snow/dirt between TAMARACK/CROSSFORK AREA in the DUTLINGER WIDLIFE NATURAL AREA.

THIS WAS IN march of 2005.
tracks were CONFIRMED as cougar by WILDLIFE BIOLOGIST DR.JACK BARR..
this person is renowned in his research and ability on cougars.

also wildlife biologist/antropologist R.PENNINGTON also has CONFIRMED TRACKS in same area.

THIS AREA IS ON KETTLE CREEK AREA.
it covers about 15 miles from tamarack/crossforks.

this area and the rt 144 area is one of the most ISOLATED areas in western clinton county.

hammersly fork area is real wild and i believe is now classed as a WILD AREA.

thats some more info, more CONFIRMED cougar tracks .

carry your cameras folks, its going to be fun.

also, dont shoot a cougar,i hear many that say they will blast one ,use camera, get pictures of tracks or cougar.

boy, it was cold out coyote hunting today,did not see or hear any and only 1 deer in the sugar camp run area of clinton county.

Old 02-28-2008, 01:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

bronko,from what i hear they got rules changed.

now, if you shoot a TAME cougar,its the same as shooting a wild one.
or a RELEASED COUGAR.

that may be why they are using the RELEASED COUGAR thing now more than the old lie they used,THEY DONT EXIST.

they dont want one shot to be CONFIRMED and i dont want any shot,WILD OR TAME ..

Old 02-28-2008, 02:11 PM
jf5

No one is claiming Phil is a liar. Maybe he saw one. But I still beleibe 99.9% of these sightings are BS. Hell, even if PGC admitted they had breedingcougars, I wouldn't beleive most of these claims.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: jf5

No one is claiming Phil is a liar. Maybe he saw one. But I still beleibe 99.9% of these sightings are BS. Hell, even if PGC admitted they had breedingcougars, I wouldn't beleive most of these claims.
if phil said he saw one,he did, no maybe about it.
i never said you thought he was liar,i felt you felt he was MISTAKEN on what he saw and took pictures of.

trust me, most of sighting here in my area are from people that know difference from a cougar and bobcat.

so, i would say here is SPROULS percentage.
80% confirmed a cougar
20% saw a bobcat.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Cougars have been seen and stalked by police officers, photo'd and pursued in the area where I live nd it is not as wild and remote as where my cabin is located near Sproul S.F. I dont see why they would not be in that area..
Old 02-28-2008, 09:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: RonM

Cougars have been seen and stalked by police officers, photo'd and pursued in the area where I live nd it is not as wild and remote as where my cabin is located near Sproul S.F. I dont see why they would not be in that area..
tracks are being confirmed,now comments are coming from the non-believers that the tracks are RELEASED PETS or EXOTIC PETS.

that is the new buzzword,you have to laugh.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sproulman

ole sproul could be WRONG on thinking that cougars are MIGRATING to pa..

i am nowgetting a little more educated on cougar.
i feel now that maybe most of cougars were always here,just my feeling.some migrate.

wild breeding cougar.

now, on with some FACTS..

did we all know that there has been multiple sighting AND CONFIRMED tracks thru snow/dirt between TAMARACK/CROSSFORK AREA in the DUTLINGER WIDLIFE NATURAL AREA.

THIS WAS IN march of 2005.
tracks were CONFIRMED as cougar by WILDLIFE BIOLOGIST DR.JACK BARR..
this person is renowned in his research and ability on cougars.

also wildlife biologist/antropologist R.PENNINGTON also has CONFIRMED TRACKS in same area.

THIS AREA IS ON KETTLE CREEK AREA.
it covers about 15 miles from tamarack/crossforks.

this area and the rt 144 area is one of the most ISOLATED areas in western clinton county.

hammersly fork area is real wild and i believe is now classed as a WILD AREA.

thats some more info, more CONFIRMED cougar tracks .

carry your cameras folks, its going to be fun.

also, dont shoot a cougar,i hear many that say they will blast one ,use camera, get pictures of tracks or cougar.

boy, it was cold out coyote hunting today,did not see or hear any and only 1 deer in the sugar camp run area of clinton county.
Back your "facts" with links to the suddenly found "confirmed" tracks.
Save everyone a lot of time - when you claim to have proof, back it up - doing so could someday lead to having a bit of credibility. Until then, these threads are like reading the Enquirer in the checkout line.

Steve
Old 02-28-2008, 09:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

steve, yes.
look at site i posted.

there is a john there you can e-mail with your question or better yet,give him call.

also they have free info which could answer your questions and mailed to your home.

they do ask for a little donation to cover the postage etc,if you feel you would like too.

a friend of mine that lived at the site,HAMMERSLY FORK,PA. he just passed away.i miss him a lot.

2 years ago he said he heard the most awful sounds from hillsideon summer nightand he feels it was cougar .

he lived there all he life, hunts and sees bobcats all time.

he said that sound was not normal.
he also said something chased a doe that night and doe died in stream.

the pgc came and got doe.

he feels a COUGAR was chasing the doe.

i never said a COUGAR had 2 heads or came from mars..

Quick Reply: COUGARS ARE HERE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.