Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 COUGARS ARE HERE >

COUGARS ARE HERE

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

COUGARS ARE HERE

Old 02-26-2008, 09:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: COUGARS ARE HERE

phil, what is interesting,most if not all sighting i have heard were almost all on backwoods dirt state roads.

we found same with coyotes we got.

most of our tracks and sighting were always at 6.30 am to 7 am on dirt roads..

i believethat a COUGAR and many coyotes we have now use the roads as fast way to get back to their den or to cover territory looking for food.

plus many of roads follow WATER here in pa.
game comes to water for drink in mornings.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: buckclub

Sproul,

WHO CARES?!!! LET IT GO.. big deal if you did see a cougar, proly someone released one from a pet and mabey they have been breeding with each other... SO WHAT.. go shoot it then you have your proof. Get out in the woods and quit beating a dead horse!!!!!!!
the last thing i want to see anyone do is shoot such a wonderful animal.
i think its great they are here,or 1 is here or 2 is here.
its bringing it tourist too and that is great for towns that are struggling..

i was up at hyner view during the hang gliding .

you would not believe the people that heard storys of cougars and elk being in clinton county..

they could not wait to ride the dirt roads with their digital cameras and kids along..

so, there is positive things by having cougars and elk ,it brings in tourists and small towns benefit from it.

no, sproul would never want to see one killed,i think they are exciting to have in pa.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:07 PM
Fork Horn

Sroul,
your silly forum is getting old. what are you trying to prove??? when you have some proof then stop back at this forum and post it.. people like me still won't care
Old 02-27-2008, 04:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Wow only 8 pages in a week? I thouht it would be in the mid teens by now. Must be people are getting tired of the garbage about mountain lions.

i believethat a COUGAR and many coyotes we have now use the roads as fast way to get back to their den or to cover territory looking for food.
Sounds like a good place for a trail cam. I can't wait to see the pics.

Old 02-27-2008, 06:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey, check this link for a documented cougar attack on on of our own members here!

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2666314&mpage=1&key=&#266634 7
Old 02-27-2008, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

Hey, check this link for a documented cougar attack on on of our own members here!

Now we're getting somewhere....could it be we have all mistaken the true thread of the subject??
Maybe some if not all of these related posts have secretly been in code, and we're only now beginning to discover the jist of it all...??? That link has shed some serious light on veiled bar scenes that we only have up to this point surmised to be happening?? The old fox!!!
Old 02-27-2008, 09:15 AM
jf5

ORIGINAL: Phil from Maine

Several friends that have hunted MA and Maine in areas that cougars are claimed..yep. No sign.
Ilive, hunt, and fish up here, and yes, I can tell you they do exist in Maine. I took 3 photos of cougar trackson my cell phone with a dollar bill beside them. I showed them to my co-workers and a few others before deleting them, they could see them really well. It was from a female with a cub last fall archery hunting. They ran across the road in front of myself and a friend on a dirt road about 20 miles from the nearest town. Why didI delete them from my cell phone? Simply put my job depends on woodcutters cutting wood, I enjoy my right to hunt and fish without the good ol gov. telling where I can and cannot hunt. It would change the way of life for to many of us to even think about giving info like this up to them.

OK...but I till say 99.9% of these sightings are bogus. I love the stories...but still no proof...

All respect due phil...I still don't understand why you would delete them. Is the Gov going to confiscate your phone??
Old 02-27-2008, 09:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think you're on to something there Pawildman! Our resident cougar expert has let it leak out that he frequents the type of habitat that the cougars described in that link seem to prefer.

Old 02-27-2008, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think you're on to something there Pawildman! Our resident cougar expert has let it leak out that he frequents the type of habitat that the cougars described in that link seem to prefer.
Perhaps we should get out our shotglasses...ooops!!...I mean spyglasses and wait for some more cryptic clues...???
Old 02-27-2008, 01:52 PM
Typical Buck

Yep I have been there! they sure do change when you get them outside.

Quick Reply: COUGARS ARE HERE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.