Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 COUGARS ARE HERE >

COUGARS ARE HERE

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

COUGARS ARE HERE

Old 02-25-2008, 07:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: COUGARS ARE HERE

charlie, i thought i did answer that.
the article said that cougars are being chased out of the states,l;ike BLACK HILLS by other cougars.
they feel that cougars are multiplying fast and the females are chasing males out of places like the BLACK HILLS.

i wish i was better at putting info on here,like that article but i dont know if law would let me put it on,copy rights etc.

if you would PM your address to me,i could mail you the article,IF I STILL HAVE IT,i started doing my taxes,you know what that gets into.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

most feel our cougars are coming from NEW YORK STATE.

Maybe thats way there is NO proof of them in NY - they all go to Pa?
Old 02-25-2008, 08:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: SteveBNy

steve,we feel,not what article said that cougars would come from ny down to pa.
we dont feel they come all way from BLACK HILLS to pa.

i had a WCO tell me coyotes are coming from ny to pa.so, why not cougars.those adironacks mtns you have is more wild than anything we have here in pa., i know, i worked there in 1978,real wild areas there.

there is 600 confirmed sighting in ny,did you know that.
1400 in pa.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sproulman

ORIGINAL: SteveBNy

steve,we feel,not what article said that cougars would come from ny down to pa.
we dont feel they come all way from BLACK HILLS to pa.

i had a WCO tell me coyotes are coming from ny to pa.so, why not cougars.those adironacks mtns you have is more wild than anything we have here in pa., i know, i worked there in 1978,real wild areas there.

there is 600 confirmed sighting in ny,did you know that.
1400 in pa.
Sightings confirmed by who??
Old 02-25-2008, 08:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

go to their site and e-mail them that question,they will answer it back to you.

then post it on here for us, thanks.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

steve, pa had 1400 sighting,ny 600,so pa. is really hot spot vrs ny.

the question is this for all of us.

why in last 10/12 years that cougar sightings are being seen more than i have ever heard..
same with coyotes, in last 10/12 years coyote population exploded here in pa.

WHY?

WHEN SOMEONE CAN ANSWER THAT, THEY WILL ANSWER THE COUGAR QUESTION TOO.

why are we seeing all these predators that we never saw before ?

PS,if these predators were not released as PGC says they did not do,THEN HOW DID ALL THESE PREDATORS GET HERE?
Old 02-26-2008, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Easy answer.There's no proof of mountain lions and coyotes have always been here.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Name a state that doesn't have coyotes.Did the PGC stock coyotes in all those states as well?
Old 02-26-2008, 08:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

why in last 10/12 years that cougar sightings are being seen more than i have ever heard..
same with coyotes, in last 10/12 years coyote population exploded here in pa.

WHY?

WHEN SOMEONE CAN ANSWER THAT, THEY WILL ANSWER THE COUGAR QUESTION TOO.

why are we seeing all these predators that we never saw before ?
Why? Because it's been shown time and time again that a surprising majority of hunters can't tell the difference between a Bobcat and a Mt. Lion. We have shown here with CLEAR trail cam pictures of Bobcats that an alarming number of people still see Mt. Lion in the pictures.
If SPORTSMEN (Guys who supposedly spend a large part of their lives outdoors) can't tell the difference when they have hrs or days to look at a photograph how on EARTH are we supposed to take any fleeting sighting seriously?
LOL Come on. I'm not saying there hasn't been some oddball off the wall escaped Mt. Lion at some point in the modern history of PA, but if anyone thinks there is a breeding population in PA? WOW.

There's a guy right now on Archerytalk INSISTING that the fuzzy picture of a black housecat he took with his cell phone is a Mt. Lion. 1/2 the guys agree with him and you almost have to be blind to NOT see a house cat.

People will see what they want to see especially since the animal it's being confused with is so rarely seen on it's own.

Coyotes.........they are just tenacious animals and breed like crazy, but you know what there Sproulman? I have a camp right there in 2G ,smack in the middle of Mt. Lion overpopulated predator ground zero. We've pushed every inch of everything south of Keating for 15yrs, take a guess how many Mt. Lions we've seen in 15yrs?
I've personally seen 1, exactly 1 Bobcat, and 3 coyotes, and surprisingly no Mt. Lions or any Mt. Lion evidence.[:-]SHOCKER.

The people seeing Mt. Lions see what they want to see, same as the UFO or Bigfoot people, only the Mt. Lion sightings are quicker to come out because they are a real animal being confused for a native one.

Don't show me fuzzy 300yd away pictures with no scale or reference of where they are from, don't tell me about BIG cat tracks (You ever hold a 50lb Bobcat? I have) Don't tell me about MRs. Jones poodle who dissapeared right after she saw a Mt. Lion run across her backyard.

Show me a body, or better yet get one to smile pretty for the camera while standing in front of the Snow Shoe exit sign on I80.

Oh and don't worry about the little metropolis of Renovo, I'm not going to damage the precious little town.........we contribute to the economy every single hunting season.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just went to AT and read the entire thread.I'm glad they even threw in a token bobcat picture.Once again it reafirms how clueless most people are.At least there were only about four posts with people claiming to have seen collared mountain lions and confirmation that the PGC released a couple breeding pairs.It's scary to think these people have loaded weapons with them in the woods.

Quick Reply: COUGARS ARE HERE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.