Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 COUGARS ARE HERE >

COUGARS ARE HERE

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

COUGARS ARE HERE

Old 02-19-2008, 10:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: COUGARS ARE HERE

Interesting in that both reports in Illinois are pretty recent and indicate that some are crossing the Mississipi. There have been other unsubstantiated reports of POSSIBLE cougar sightings in southern Illinois. Given the high deer population and plenty of cover in the hills and river bottoms of southern Illinois, I wouldn't be surprised if the reports from there become more common.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

This may be just rumor, but, I've heard that when a cougar needs to cross a road they have a sasquatch carry em across.
No, no, no. They just wait for the PGC/Insurance Co, coyote stocking trucks to come by and hitch a ride on them until they want to jump out on the other side.
And all this time I thought those paw prints on truck bumpers were Penn State decals[&:]
Old 02-20-2008, 05:17 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

Hey guys, give ole Sproul a break! Cougars have been confirmed in states that are barely over 750 miles away. It's even in the USA Today.

Of course that means we have them here!!!!

mumble mumble mumble, (hic)..... BARTENDER!.... (hic) ....ANOTHER SHOT AND A BEER!....mumble mumble mumble..... Probably trucked in by (hic) insurance companies with that last load of coyotes.... mumble mumble mumble NOTHER BEER PLEASE!!.... mumble mumble mumble....dang crews killin all the deer.....mumble mumble mumble....comin in from areas with lots ofdeerbut theykill em all here.... mumble mumble mumble....usin kids tags.... mumble mumble (hic) mumble.....dang inlines...CAN I GET ANOTHER SHOT DOWN HERE?....mumble mumble mumble
LMAO....I'll join youfor another.....this is gonna get long....HA....conspiracy, I telll....it's all a conspiracy

It's official....this is my last post on ANY cougar sighting post in NY and PA.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:34 PM

[/quote]

And all this time I thought those paw prints on truck bumpers were Penn State decals[&:]
[/quote]

Bob, You are killing me. Pass the pitcher, I'll have a drink w/ ya'.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

bronko 22000,DID YOU KNOW FARMER OFF RT120 AT HYNER,PA. REPORTED HE SAW A COUGAR 2 TIMES.
they were sitting on their back porch when it came by.

this farmer has lived there all his life and knows what a bobcat looks like.

i heard that WCO did investigate it but i never heard results.

Old 02-22-2008, 04:51 AM

I suppose it's very possible that cougars are in PA. 20 years ago if someone told me they saw a coyote around here I would have LMAO . Now they are a common sight.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ahhhhhhhhhhh antother mountain lion thread.

Bring em on ..... I'm ready!!

Old 02-22-2008, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

There were alot of coyotes in pa in 1988.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:51 AM
Typical Buck

There were "lots" of coyotes in PA back in the 70s, at least in the northern tier counties. Back then many of the farmers thought they were "coydogs" though. Saw my first one in the late 70s or early 80s, along the NY borderin NEPotter County.

The documented history of 'yotes in PA, goes back much farther than that.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:29 AM

Near our camp,located in Hamilton County a dead deer was found 40 feet up a tree. All of a sudden the deer were hanging out in town. What else could cause that ???? Last year we had a wolf run across road in front of us. This year we counted 7 moose on our land. There are no fences around state borders.

Quick Reply: COUGARS ARE HERE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.