Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Private Land!!!

Old 02-05-2003, 05:11 PM

Default Private Land!!!

I've found a couple places in NJ, that I would like to ask for permission to hunt. How exactly do you find out who owns the property though. There is 1 place that looks real good. It's across from a building my wife works in. She showed me where she works, and there were 3 does standing in the woodline about 10 yards back from the road. She tells me that everynight, there are always deer out there. How do I find out who owns these woods. On the right side of the road, it's all corporate buildings, but on the left side, it's all woods!! There aren't any no trespassing signs, or any posted signs up! Could it be public? I need to find out who owns it!
Old 02-05-2003, 11:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Private Land!!!

Go to the county courthouse and check the plat books.It may cost you a couple of bucks to look thru them.The clerk should be able to help you find the property if you give him/her the addresses.