HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   11th hour PA buck! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/226788-11th-hour-pa-buck.html)

BTBowhunter 01-11-2008 06:49 PM

11th hour PA buck!

Well, my buddy and I went out this afternoon in the rain and wind and did a couple of one man drives. He put 4 bucks past me. two were legal and this guy had the bad fortune to come by me and he got the blade:D

He must have really rutted hard. He has two broken tines and he is very thin with his spine actually showing behind the shoulders. He will probably tape out in the 120's. Once he's caped, I'll age him but I think he may well be an old timer

Greg, Ryan, all my PA buddies.... If I can do it anyone can! There's still hope for tomorrow!

livbucks 01-11-2008 06:57 PM

RE: 11th hour PA buck!

Praise the Lord! Halleleuya and Holy Crap!
Fantastic Bob! Talk about a last ditch effort!

I was feeling dispair about going out tomorrow. You know how doubt sets in and staying in a warm bed seems so much more appealing. Well, you've inspired me to get out there now. I can't express how happyI am for you right now. I know the jubilation you must have felt when you saw that rack coming at you. The timing made it so much more I imagine. Just when you expect to see nothing, the seas part and hand you a gift. Such is life. Aint it grand?
That is a true trophy beyond the rack measurement. One you will never forget.
Congrats brother!

BTBowhunter 01-11-2008 07:04 PM

Thanks for the kind words Greg!

I gotta admit, I almost dumped a doe in 2D Wednesday with the flinter which would've burned my buck tag. I kept thinking about the fact that twice before, I've had good bucks in bow range on the last day but no buck tag on my back. I'm glad I waited:DThat doe is probably glad too!

livbucks 01-11-2008 07:53 PM

Bob, your taxidermist's name wouldn't happen to be Dennis would it?
Just curious. ;)

BTBowhunter 01-11-2008 08:27 PM

Nope but I think I know which Dennis you're talking about. I use Hutch's Taxidermy in Mount Pleasant . He did an outstanding job on my 05 PA buck. He did it in a snort-wheeze pose and it looks really good. i've actually been meaning to take pics and post em here someday.

livbucks 01-11-2008 08:33 PM

I just happen to know a guy near you by that name.
That's the only reasonI asked.
Let us know how that bugger ages out OK?

deerslayer223 01-11-2008 09:44 PM

Congrats on a nice buck. Way to come through in the clutch. I imagine he's going on the wall. Goes so show patience truly does pay off!

sproulman 01-11-2008 10:37 PM

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

Well, my buddy and I went out this afternoon in the rain and wind and did a couple of one man drives. He put 4 bucks past me. two were legal and this guy had the bad fortune to come by me and he got the blade:D

He must have really rutted hard. He has two broken tines and he is very thin with his spine actually showing behind the shoulders. He will probably tape out in the 120's. Once he's caped, I'll age him but I think he may well be an old timer

Greg, Ryan, all my PA buddies.... If I can do it anyone can! There's still hope for tomorrow!

nice buck.
is it legal to put deer tag on horns?
my game warden says it MUST be in ear only by law?

tky1187 01-12-2008 12:42 PM

Man I thought I hunted hard after spending 121 hrs in a tree before killing my buck here in PA! Congrats on a find buck!

White-tail-deer 01-12-2008 04:22 PM

Nice Buck!! Congrats BT, no feelinglike taking it down to wire and having it work out!!