Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Mass Bucks

Old 01-30-2008, 11:03 AM
jf5

Default RE: Mass Bucks

ORIGINAL: Western MA Hunter

Water St. Grill is great.
Next time in Otis/Chester, try out Bucky's. It's in Lee.. Great food.
Where in Lee??Downtown area??
Old 01-30-2008, 11:22 AM
Typical Buck

Bob,

Again thanks for all the info! that's is one heck of a long season in CT and really for me i would have more time to hunt earlier in the year in sept/oct when the law school work load is still fairly light, so that's perfect. do you happen to know what an out of state license costs? If you get a deer are you required to bring it to a check station like in Mass?
Old 01-31-2008, 08:27 AM
Fork Horn

Gmil,
An out of state license is $100.00. You only have to bring them to the check in station during the gun season. The rest of the time you just fill out and mail a "kill card" to report the harvest. You do have to take a bowhunting safety course before you can get the license. You can take it in Mass or CT and they are free. One other thing to mention is that Connecticut is a state that requires written permission to hunt private land. More info can be found at their web site:

http://www.ct.gov/dep/cwp/view.asp?a=2700&q=323414&depNav_GID=1633

Bob
Old 01-31-2008, 09:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes... Downtown... by the postoffice... it's back in by the Price Chopper...

Old 01-31-2008, 01:20 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks again Bob, just a few more questions i hope you don't mind...do you have to take the bow course even though i'm already licensed to bow hunt from another state? A lot of times there is reciprocity from one state to the next. Again thanks for all the info
Old 01-31-2008, 01:57 PM
jf5

ORIGINAL: gmil6184

Thanks again Bob, just a few more questions i hope you don't mind...do you have to take the bow course even though i'm already licensed to bow hunt from another state? A lot of times there is reciprocity from one state to the next. Again thanks for all the info
Check the link. I suspect the info is on the CT F& G site..
Old 01-31-2008, 06:50 PM
Fork Horn

gmil,

The regs say "or its equivalent from another state or country" so I would say probably. You could call to make sure that they consider the course form that particular state an equivalent course. I know for a fact that they accept the course from Mass.

Bob
Old 02-04-2008, 07:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

NY, MA, & CT can all be used interchangebly .... I have CT & NY accepts it.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to say they don't care how long you have bow hunted for you still need to take the Bow hunter safety course. The regular hunter safety course is no good it will only cover your gun license.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:55 PM

Here's a buck I took the day after Thanksgiving also on public land. 4 1/2 year old , 7 pointer not including the split brow on the right , dressed out at 194.

Quick Reply: Mass Bucks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.