Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Mass Bucks

Old 01-27-2008, 08:43 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Mass Bucks

Thanks for the info Bob, I was actually in Chicopee last night at the Max Cap for the amateur fights. Of the WMA is there any that you would suggest over the others? since i'm a student I have pretty limited time for scouting and such so any advice would be great. Is it just me or are Mass hunting regulations a pain in the @$$? You can't use a rifle to deer hunt you have to use a shotgun,, muzzleloader or bow, but then you can't use a shotgun to bear hunt you have to use a rifle, muzzleloader or bow. haha and don't get me started on their gun laws...I would mostly be interested in bow hunting anyway. How are things in Connecticut as far as hunting?
Old 01-28-2008, 06:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Gmil, there is some great hunting in Russell MA (watershed) down to Tyringham (Beartown Mtn).... Not too bad of a ride from Springfield either...

Old 01-28-2008, 10:12 AM
jf5

ORIGINAL: Western MA Hunter

Gmil, there is some great hunting in Russell MA (watershed) down to Tyringham (Beartown Mtn).... Not too bad of a ride from Springfield either...
Isn't cobble Mtn weatershedclosed to hunting?? Or you talking westfield watershed??
Old 01-28-2008, 11:44 AM
Typical Buck

thanks for the info guys
Old 01-28-2008, 08:00 PM
Fork Horn

Gmil,

When I hunt in Mass I tend to hunt in zone 8 in the Sturbridge /Southbrige area. Most of My archery hunting is done in Connecticut. In Connecticut you can bowhunt from Sept 15th thru Dec 31 and you get 2 either sex tags and 2 antlerless tags. And the archery tags are good anywhere in the state. You can also hunt the month of January in zones 11 and 12.

I typically hunt the shotgun season in Mass. Last year was the first year in as long as I can remember that I didn't get a muzzleloader stamp. Considering that the deer heard in Mass is ESTIMATED to be 20,000 to 40,000 larger than ConnecticutI find thedoe permit system tiresome and it seems thatDFW are just nickle and diming us to death. I stoppedapplying for the Quabbin hunt last yearbecause they doubled the fee and had the gall to say that the hunters requested it in the hunter survey. That also was another first for me. I just can't picture people saying "I know the fee is $5.00 but I would really like to pay you $10.00 for the priveledge of applying for the hunt lottery" Not that its a lot of money its just the way they did it.

As time goes on I am finding that I tend to hunt more in Connecticut than in Mass as I see more deer in CT.

Bob

Old 01-29-2008, 10:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Westfield Watershed.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:13 PM
jf5

Westfield Watershed.
After a sucessfull hunt, do you stop at the Russel Inn for drinks and some pizza??
Old 01-30-2008, 06:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

we have in the past... usually head down to Bucky's Tavern in Lee. It's all hunting talk during the season with some nice wall mount decorations!
Ever been there?

Old 01-30-2008, 10:42 AM
jf5

we have in the past... usually head down to Bucky's Tavern in Lee. It's all hunting talk during the season with some nice wall mount decorations!
Ever been there?
Never been to that one. I should check it out.

We have a place in Chester and usually head down to "the Inn" to have a few, eat some dinner,maybe catch a sox/pats game.

When we hunted Otis area we always went to J&D Marina Bar or Knox Trail inn (not even sure that one is still open-LOL)

When I am in Willaimstown we hit the Water St Grill...
Old 01-30-2008, 10:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Water St. Grill is great.
Next time in Otis/Chester, try out Bucky's. It's in Lee.. Great food.

Quick Reply: Mass Bucks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.