Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Crazy things you have seen while hunting >

Crazy things you have seen while hunting

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Crazy things you have seen while hunting

Old 12-30-2007, 08:19 AM

Default RE: Crazy things you have seen while hunting

The only weird thing ive had happen really wasnt that weird but we had Anti-Hunters come through the woods on us starting on the opposite side of us and drove all the deer out of the woods right to where everyone was standing deciding where we all were hunting. Needless to say we got 6 deer out of the 9 guys that were with us and the Anti-Hunters were not very happy. We havnt seen them there since.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:24 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Retaks

The only weird thing ive had happen really wasnt that weird but we had Anti-Hunters come through the woods on us starting on the opposite side of us and drove all the deer out of the woods right to where everyone was standing deciding where we all were hunting. Needless to say we got 6 deer out of the 9 guys that were with us and the Anti-Hunters were not very happy. We havnt seen them there since.

That'd be great, I'd probably ask one if they wanted ones liver as I gutted it in front of them.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:01 PM

I would tell them thats the best Deer drive that we have had and ask them to come back next year
Old 12-31-2007, 06:46 PM
Fork Horn

yea i would have to agree with browning.204 rifleman that does sound like a pretty big lie lol
Old 01-01-2008, 09:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Man in over 40 years there are just too many to tell. Some funny ones though: During archery season several years ago, a spike buck came within about 15 feet of me, I didn't want to shoot it and as it stood there trying to make me out, I waved my hand at him and told him to beat it. He spun anround so fast and ran smack into a tree and knocked himself flat on the ground scrambling to get back up.
This year, spring gobbler season in the middle of the woods, my friend and I watched a canada goose and gander walking through with the goslings in between them. The nearest pond was at least a mile away, up over the mountain.
Two heart stoppers: walking into my stand one morning at predawn down an old logging road I stepped over a grouse and had it flush between my legs. Another, while archery hunting on the ground with my back against a large oak, I could hear something moving but couldn't detect where the sound was coming from.
Standing motionless and trying to hear focusing all my attention on where the sound was coming from, had a grey squirrel run down the tree, over my left shoulder and across my chest. I think if either of these happened today I'd probably have a heart attack.
Cute thing, sitting on the ground I had a chipmunk moving around me for a long time. At one point he hopped up on the toe of my boot and started eating an acorn.
There's more but some other time.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:02 PM
rrb

One early morning just as the sun was coming up I was in my new climber , when I saw movement and an Owl flew smack right into the bottom half of my climber. He fell to the ground shook his head and took-off. I had never used a climber before . MaybeI was in his flight path with out permission from the tower. Poor guy never knew what hit him or what he hit.