Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Any Harrison/Marion county WV hunters here? >

Any Harrison/Marion county WV hunters here?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Any Harrison/Marion county WV hunters here?

Old 12-18-2007, 09:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default Any Harrison/Marion county WV hunters here?

I live in Martinsburg, WV but my family is from and owns land in Harrison County and I was just wondering if anyone else from that area is a member? I hunt in Big Indian, right on the Harrison/Marion county border near Joetown. If anyone is out there give me a shout out and post some deer pics. [8D]

I

I know they are no monsters, but they are browse deer which have been overhunted and underfed over the years. We plan on managing the land in the future but until I can get back there more often any food plot I make would be a garden of Eden for poachers.

This fine 8 point was a victim of blue tongue this year. Gnats managed to do something I haven't been able to do in 21 years of hunting, kill a 250+lb deer back there. [:'(]

Old 12-18-2007, 10:03 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Any Harrison/Marion county WV hunters here?

What is the deal with my photbucket images not showing up? What's the trick?

test

**edit number 53** Finally figured it out.

If anyone is from back there, this should clue them in to EXACTLY where I hunt.

Old 12-20-2007, 01:33 PM
Fork Horn

Welp, so much for that idea, lol.

I figure in a decade or so we'll have a few more online. [8D]
Old 12-20-2007, 01:47 PM

I live in Harrison, own farms in Lewis & Dodd. Co's
Old 12-20-2007, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: wvparker

I live in Harrison, own farms in Lewis & Dodd. Co's
Cool, do you live in Clarksburg? I haven't been to Clarksburg since my taxidermist passed away. John Casto, right off Buckhannon Pike, he was a great taxidermist. Do you ever go to the Wyatt/Joetown region?
Old 12-20-2007, 08:02 PM

if that deer went 250+ lbs i'll eat my bow
Old 12-21-2007, 06:09 AM

I live in Clarksburg, knew John very well along with his family. Actually it's right at 2 years since John passed. John was a good man & raised a good family.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:09 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: truehitter

if that deer went 250+ lbs i'll eat my bow
The picture is just of it's head, none of the deer pics I have shown were claimed by me to be 250+ lbs.

The top 8 I posted was ~200 lbs live weight, it had a 19 inch neck, a 7 x 19 form, the2 eight'sin the pic below it were about 165 live weight (120 dressed and verified with a scale). The 8 point head I posted's neck was easily 23 inches and it's body, even decomposing, was the largest deer I have seen back there ever. I didn't take pics of the entire deer because I was tired as hell from dragging a 6 point 400 yards, walking back up the mountain to retrieve my ATV, and then going down the most dangerous trail I have ever ridden. Believe me, that buck was topping the scale anywhere from 225-250 on the hoof. Don't let the small spread fool you, I've never seen anything back there with over a 16" spread.

So send me your address and I'll send you some hot sauce to make that bow go down a little easier. [8D]
Old 12-21-2007, 08:13 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: wvparker

I live in Clarksburg, knew John very well along with his family. Actually it's right at 2 years since John passed. John was a good man & raised a good family.

Yeah, he was great, when he had told me his age I was shocked, he looked so much younger than he actually was. He was kind enough to mount 3 Caribou heads for my father within 3 months and drove them down to his house in Maryland, now that is service. Funny thing about John was that no matterwhat pose youordered your deer head he would do what he thought looked best with it, LOL.

Here's a little sample of John's work, we must have about 15 more things he mounted for us over the years.

Old 12-21-2007, 01:18 PM

you proved nothing so put ya hot sauce on ya keyboard and maybe that can help ya come up with more you state 250+ now ya saying 225 to 250 make ya mind up hold on i'm sorry forgive me lord not everone sees big deer like we do in the south brent if ya say it i'll beieve it its yoursto tell good luck next season

Quick Reply: Any Harrison/Marion county WV hunters here?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.