Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA bucks

Old 12-02-2007, 10:08 AM
Fork Horn

Default PA bucks

I havent seen a legal buck so far just wondering if anyone else got a PA buck if so could you post your pictures here for all to see?
Old 12-02-2007, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PA bucks

Seen a few legal 1.5 year old barely legal bucks, nothingI would shoot.
Seen a couple wallhangers, just not in season.
Dad got a 3.5 year old 8 point in archery. Brother came close on a 2.5 year old 7 point. Couldn't get a shot.
The Northern Tier is hurting though. Fewer deer and even fewer hunters to get 'em moving. You must adapt to stillhunting if you want to see a single deer. Sit on a stump and you'll see nothing for sure.
Had there been snow for the opener I would have been in my glory. A fresh track and no hunters to contend with is what dreams are made of. I hate trying to stalk a track and end up pushing it to the next guy. That really gets me steamed!
Old 12-02-2007, 11:49 AM

Shot this opening morning. Turned out to be the second smallest deer we shot this year. (Only bigger than a 8pt that was actually wider)

Old 12-02-2007, 11:51 AM

Had this brute walking around about 50 yards during archery season but couldn't get a shot. Fella shot this one about an hour into opening day.

Old 12-02-2007, 12:23 PM

Livbucks----I agree 110% with you..I hunt Bradford county and this is the worse year I have ever seen.I did not hunt last year due to a heart attack but decided to give it a go this year.I did a lot of sitting though..I did not see a single deer in 3 days...One damn squirrle..The first day I was out all day in the rain did not see another hunter..The second day was windy so I did some very still hunting-NOTHING...

This saturday was like the other days 0 deer sightings and did see 2 hunters....Guess I will go back to fishing this week..At least I know the salmon and browns are there....I think the season should be closed for a year or go back to the 3 day doe seson and stop giving out bonus tags..I know a guy that hunts every day until he has 6 or 7 tags filled..He is a damn game hog if you ask me...
Old 12-02-2007, 12:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

This was the 1st gun season I actually had a buck tag in 11 years. I'm still normally out shooting does though. Lots of deer around where I hunt, just not seeing any bucks that I would care to shoot. Heck not really even seeing ones that I don't care to shoot.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:41 PM

shot this one monday morning 930 am...only deer I saw in 5C....my buddy missed him in bow season about a month and half ago

Old 12-02-2007, 07:50 PM
Spike

My camp hunts in 2G, right on the potter/cameron cty line, i didn't see any legal buck myself did see 4 non-legal buck and a total of 12 does over 3 whole days (did take off an hour over lunch on monday to warm-up and dry out the flintlock muzzleloader i use), other guys didn't see any buck, only one guy and his son saw a doe, they filled the son,s doe tag with that one, other than that it was nothing for our camp till saturday, unfortunalty i musta got under the weather from monday and tuesday cause i was for the first time in my life too sick to hunt this weekend , but my father-in-law called me to let me know saturday that he took out one of my Bro-in-laws 2 sons, as a mentored hunter and the little guy nailed a 15 inch 6pt that would have been an 8 except for two broken tines, the other son hunted with my bro-in-law and got a spike, no doe seen, no buck shot by any adults. thats it so far, i'll probably not be able to get back out till muzzleloader thanks to this danged strep throat thats got me down, but oh well, theres a 11pt non-typical on my fathers posted farm ground in blair cty that i'm going to try and setup a date with in muzzleloader.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

taken 10-13-07 in Jefferson County, 2F

was the 5th buck i seen in the 2 week bowseason. saw a pile of unidentified deer as well...many id bet were bucks based on size and body language...think he was the 2nd biggest i seen..muffed up a shot opening day on a nicer one..didnt even get a shot. and saw another buck and another deer im pretty sure was a cruising buck after killing him doe hunting(scouting for next year) in Venango county.

seen bucks in Beaver, Jefferson and Venango counties while bowhunting...

now that rifle season has started, i been pushing for some buddies at home and we been seeing better deer numbers than the last few years...ive personally seen 3 bucks in the first week of rifle..seen a buck monday, friday and saturday...monday was a half rack Y buck..friday was a goodun..satruday was a goodun...noone got shootin at them though...boy were they both good bucks...both over 100" easy...

cant wait for next year!! been seeing alot in the area i do alot of my bowhunting...one of the bigguns..and a bunch of smaller ones...cant wait...
Old 12-03-2007, 07:35 AM

Dont have a full body pic;(pics arent developed yet), but did take this one with my gun and knife. I got this 9pt the 2nd day around 9am. I saw many doe the first day and two bucks. I have seen two bucks MUCH bigger than this guy, however I wasnt gonna let this one run away. I got him in Tioga county.

Quick Reply: PA bucks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.