Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Need a petition started >

Need a petition started

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Need a petition started

Old 11-30-2007, 11:26 AM

Default RE: Need a petition started

ORIGINAL: gergie

ORIGINAL: Duramax05

Same thing is happeing to me. First couple weeks of gun season are over and the deer are getting real smart to it. They seem to disappear. You need to look in unhunted thicker areas. Not everyone sees deer every time out. Not sure how long your gun season has been opened but the deer definitely get pressured and change their ways. I can't believe that "20 hunters" haven't seen a thing. Something just doesn't add up.
Maybe it's time you scouted different area's. It's a fact deer density is down in certain area's, but good in others. When Pa started deer management years ago remember the abundance of doe permits handed out? I do, I had 4 for a couple years. I thought it was great. Now with a better understanding of deer management I understand the the lack of deer sightings in "certain" area's. I believe you just need to put tradition aside and find some new hunting ground, It will pay off.
I totally agree with you. Our total deer density maybe down slightly but the quality of the animals is starting to show full fold. I know some our unfortunate enough where they can only get into the woods they hunt only during the season itself but what you see is what you get. No success is guarenteed but you can greatly improve those odds if you know where the deer are moving.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:47 AM

there are alot of "other" factors for not seeing a deer...

Heck I went to maine for a week and did not see one...they are there just got a find them
Old 11-30-2007, 01:06 PM
Spike

The days of sitting on the same stump and counting herds of deer all day are over. If you want to consistently kill quality deer (nice bucks and big does) you need to greatly expand your hunting opportunities (hunt many more places) and change your hunting style. Learn to read the sign and hunt the woods. The sign will tell you when and where to sit, when to still hunt andwhen to put on some miles.

Stump sitters will still get deer from time to time. But they are missing out on the full woods experience and finding frustration where they should be finding peace.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't know about you guys, but if there are few deer and lots of people, I sure ain't going to be telling people where I saw any. Half those guys could have seen deer and they didn't care to share that knowledge with you. I know I wouldn't.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:27 PM

If your having trouble getting your deer come to Delaware or Chester countys. They keep wanting us to get more deer from around here becasue the population is so high. Its not unusual to see anwhere from 10 to 60 deer in a few hours in the woods here. I went out this morning to fill a doe tag and was done and had her loaded in 15 mins.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:56 PM
Host of Hosts

The days of going out first morning and SHOOTING and deer are over with. Now if you actually want to HUNT for deer then things are still real good in Pa. Good luck with that petition. I think your starting to become the minority on this issue.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:33 PM

Anyone who has kids is not going to still hunt all day long,especially if you have 2 or more under 16. They are the future of hunting. Without them, money goes away and your paying out your arse to hunt here in Pa. That is a very realistic vision I do see happening. Again I hunted hard at a different location and seen only 3 hunters and no deers. One rub is all that was found.

The days of young new hunters will be well over also. They are ruining this heritage for youngsters to enjoy. I am not going to pay to walk thru the woods and see nothing,I can do that for free. Some people work all week also. I took this week off to hunt. I haven't missed a day of hunting. How many can't afford or get more than 2 weeks a year vacation? That would prob give them only 3 days to hunt. Who is going to keep buy licenses to hunt for 3 days and not see nothing? Only someone who has money to waiste would do that.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

this should be fun .
Old 11-30-2007, 11:39 PM

I hear you slimshady. Some area's like other hunters are reporting are still decent, some are area's are real low. I hunt only Westmoreland county. Over all, since archery season it's been pretty bad. One club in the area that has over 2,000 members, have killed a total of 9 buckstarting back to the first day of bow season. The biggest a 9pt. with a 17&1/2 inch spread. We watched channel 4 news Monday night, they interviewed the deer processing shops. The biggest one located in Ligonier averages 200 to 300 deer after the first day, had 75 brought in. The second shop gets an average of 100 to 150, they got 11. The last place they stopped gets an average of 100 deer, they got 4.
So if you have access to some good spots, you should do allright. If not, it is going to stink big time!
Old 12-01-2007, 02:40 PM
Spike

I mean no disrespect but you are wrong. If you keep complaining and telling your kids about the good old days when deer dropped out of trees then of course they will be disappointed. There are many other hunting cultures besides the one you are most comfortable with. My boys track behind me for hours and if they get tired or had enough, we turn around and go home. Same with my friends and their kids. They all love camp, the culture of hunting the northern woods and being around the old deer hunters who have put some big bucks on the wall. It's not about how many deer we see in the first hour, first day or even first week.

Check out this site and there are others from Maine, VT, NH etc.

http://www.adkhunter.com/

Quick Reply: Need a petition started

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.