Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Maine Trophy Hunt >

Maine Trophy Hunt

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Maine Trophy Hunt

Old 11-28-2007, 07:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default Maine Trophy Hunt

I just got back from a trophy only whitetail hunt in the Allagashand one of the fellows that were in our group & I got into a discussion about tipping. First let me tell you everything was excellent I have been on many, many hunts and have NEVER seen the effort placed into a camp as I have this one. The food was first rate all the way. We all saw deer and most saw at least one buck, I saw 2 -8pts and a spike. Neither of the 8 points were trophy bucks - 2 1/2 years old at best so I let them walk.
With that said >>> his thoughts were if you saved and saved but could only afford just the cost of the hunt and tipping was not a requirement and should still go on the hunt. My thoughts are the guides/cooks are there for a minimum amount of money and tips are very important to them. I believed that part of your saving for this hunt was collecting enough money to include a tip. This fellow came out in defense of his friend who said we should all (5)put $20 bucks in and give it to the 2 individuals who guided and cooked for us. Three of us agreed to tip what we thought was correct and I have no idea what the other 2 fellows left for a tip.

So my question is if you could not afford to tip on a hunt would you go anyway?
Old 11-28-2007, 09:45 PM

Default RE: Maine Trophy Hunt

Depends on how badly i wanted to go on that specific hunt, but i think that if you were really impressed and you couldnt tip them right then and there, you should at least send them a tip later when you can afford it. By the way, the Allagash wilderness in Maine is priceles. Ive been there twice in the summer and would love to hunt up there sometime.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:43 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Maine Trophy Hunt

"So my question is if you could not afford to tip on a hunt would you go anyway?"

No, I would not go until I had enough money. The tipshould beplanned into the costofyour trip!
The amount of the tip, obviously, is related to the effort the guides/cooks put intoyour trip.