Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Pa Hunters Please Read >

Pa Hunters Please Read

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa Hunters Please Read

Old 11-28-2007, 11:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pa Hunters Please Read

Im in 2c somerset county and its been fairly slow. Monday at my camp my buddy shot a half racked 3pt and my sister shot a small doe.Tuesday my dads buddy shot a 8pt 14" spread at my camp. Tonight my dad shot a big doe by my house. Deer sightings are very low but about usual.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:11 AM

sorry to here about everyones luck i hope the rest of the season is more fruitful than the opening three days
Old 11-29-2007, 04:24 PM

This huge 12-Pointer was shot here in Saylorsburg on Tuesday morning. It went 240 Pounds field dressed!!! One big deer for this area!! Goes to show AR's are working but on the other hand the doe slaughter in this area needs to stop! My uncle shot a 8-pointer in 1988 that was 215 pounds field dressed.
Here is the link for the whole story if I did it right!!
http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071129/SPORTS/711290302/-1/OUTDOORS02
Old 11-29-2007, 08:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Parednek

Thanks for the comment blackjeep04. sproulman what wmu are u in? I had a somesimilar incidents happen to me in 5b i only here stuff like that happening in places where there is not as much land chester county i had i guy nearly shoot me over a spot its bs were all sportsman we should be helping one another ive seen hunters help each other scout in the off season to cover more ground and when the season starts they fight about where there hunting its stupid!! the easyest way to deal with a person like that that cant be reasoned with is simply out hunt the man after 43 years of the same spot you should know a little more than he does think of it as a football game and u have home field advantage.

I talk to my brother in 2G still nothing
i am in WMU2G.
what is causing this is lack of deer.

Old 11-29-2007, 09:52 PM
Spike

i am in WMU2G.
what is causing this is lack of deer.

[/quote]

I would think it is the screwed up game commission, trying to thin the herd and they did just that ! Except they took it to far, I'm seeing less deer now compared to when I started 15 years ago. I hate this state. The people who run the commission should be replaced, they have done nothing but ruin deer hunting in Pa. But that's just how I feel.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:27 AM

The people who run the commission should be replaced, they have done nothing but ruin deer hunting in Pa.
You have the right to think that pahuntr27 but they have managed to impliment rules that have given us the chance to take bigger bucks but on the other hand the first year they came out w/ the antler restriction the doe allocations were through the roof it was like that for a while accually i herd of bringing the ratio of doe down so we have an equal deer herd. they definatly accomplished that much with so few deer it took us five years to see real results with the antler restriction if u give it another four or five deer hunting SHOULD be awsome but that is only if the pa game commission severly cuts back on doe tags it is going to suck for two or three more years if they do then hunting should be prime should be that is but the isalot of work to be done so bear w/ it for a coupple years. till then the best of luck to u all.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:20 AM
Spike

I agree and disagree. I haven't really seen to many "big racked" bucks. I've did see however a bunch of 5,6,7 points as of late. It seems to be the going number here in Allegheny and Washington counties (where i do most of my hunting). Maybe I just need to find a differant hunting spot, but these counties are known for big bucks. We'll see thou....
Old 11-30-2007, 03:25 AM

2E seen one deer that was my sons 8pt he got.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:56 AM

I got a nice 9pt on Tuesday morning in Tioga County on the family farm. Monday I saw a good number of deer and missed an opportunity on a very large buck due to the fog. I was the only one to get a deer out of the 12hunters in the fam though.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

i agree with the horn restriction here in wmu2g, i wish it was 4 points to side for all of us.

what i dont agree on is this, i had 2 doe and fawn left in my hunting area.
thats it here in clinton county.
that was in area that used to hold 25 deer with no problems.

these 3 doe came outin field everyday to eat.
on wednesdayat noon, 3 hunters in their 50s stopped, got out of truck,laid gun on rocks near field and shot at ALL 3 of doe..
they killed mother and her fawn.
so, now i have 1 doe left in area that used to hold 25 deer easy.

other counties may still have large numbers of deer, clinton/nor.potter/cameron/sou elk counties do not.

these counties should be no doe hunting..
isnt it awful that these are counties that allow DMAP permits, yes, you can kill extra 3 to 6 doe each not using your doe permits.

you use DMAP.

cant hunters see that they are destroying their hunting,i guess they dont care.
i can see having to many doe for area and they should be reducedbut when you have 3 does for a 4/5 mile sq area,then hunters kill 2 of them..

clinton county has to be worst county in state with cameron real close to it.

these are areas that allow all DMAP doe permits so you can kill 3 to 6 doe extra..

this is INSANE.last year there was families that got 18 doe, yes, 18 doe.

you could get 6 dmap permits each,not including your buck tag and your 2 doe permits you applied for..

then you had hunters that did not get deer or see a deer.

IS THIS RIGHT?

it should be 1 deer and your done, buck or doe with horn restrictions.

Quick Reply: Pa Hunters Please Read

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.