Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Pa Hunters Please Read >

Pa Hunters Please Read

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa Hunters Please Read

Old 11-26-2007, 03:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Pa Hunters Please Read

I hunt in 2-D. Poured rain all day today, saw one doe. My buddy shot a monster 10 point today. His first hunt after a serious logging accident.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 270 bdl

I hunt in 2-D. Poured rain all day today, saw one doe. My buddy shot a monster 10 point today. His first hunt after a serious logging accident.
well, this is how lucky you can be, i guess its luck.
i hunt same place for 44 years.
saw very few deer here in that spot in clinton county wmu 2g.
i dont shoot doe anymore as i want to be able to hunt in future here.
anyhow, a bear hunter told me where he saw a big 6 point in bear season.
i never hunted this area before in was in halls run rt 144 area.

so, i went out with my brothers boy.
man, you could not see 10 ft with fog,raining like h.

so, we sat in rain from 7am to 8;30 am, could not take it anymore.
i said enough.

so, we walked trail back to truck..this is big country out there,you can get lost bigtime so i stayed on trail.
i got almost to truck,there is a little field,i looked and there was doe eating.
so, he pulled up scope on his 250 sav lever.
we could not see anything,all wet/foggy.
so, i sat on ground with towel and cleaned scope for himas doe fed 20 yds from us.
he pulled it up again and to my shock there was buck.
so, it had huge rack but you have to count points.
i could only see the 2 points on top and nothing below with my binoc.
i sat there cleaning hisscope as i hunt paper towels in my pocketand heturned it to 9 power 2 times over 5 minutes.
then he turned a little and saw the low point that was 1 inch long.
we waited for him to give good shoot behind shoulder.

he shot and buck ran right for us and fell 10 ft away.

this was huge buck with real wide spread..
can you believe this.
we were only 100 yds from truck heading home, raining like h and fog so thick that i could barely see buck in my binocus.

i only heard about 8 shots in that area,most i talked too all ready had a doe from early season in oct and did not stay out much.

right now wind is 25 mph,feels like my roof is coming off home.
my season is over,i am tired and archery wore me out this year.

see you all next year.
sproule

Old 11-26-2007, 07:50 PM

Sproulman

Congrats on the deer. Cools story. Just got a report from my brother that the only deer he saw was after a 1:15 minute walk back to the car. A white tail was bouncing away.

We also had rain and a 50yd max fog. I think on days like these the deer don't go anywhere unless they get moved along.

Old 11-27-2007, 02:37 AM

Congrats to those of u that filled a tag my bro hunted till noon did get anything and was sooked to the bone (wmu2g). hope weather is better for yall on day 2

hunt'm up
Old 11-27-2007, 08:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

I hunted yesterday morning, in the rain like most of you folks. I chose to take the bow out though and hunt in the archery-only section of one of the local hotspots. I had eight turkeys walk around me quietly as I sat inside my blind. Around 9 am I saw a flicker up the hill and eventually ID'ed itas a deer's tail. The deer fell down several times andeventually crawledinto one of my shooting lanes. I put an arrow through it knowing that it was probably hit previously. It turned out to be a gutshot doe.

No luck on the buck front but we still have a few Saturdays....
Old 11-27-2007, 11:42 AM

5C report: I went and hung my treestand friday after our striper charter was cancelled. Moved the stand into the middle of the property into some really thick cover. It was raining/drizzling on and off all morning. Around 745 am, I had 6 turkeys come by. The rain started to get to me and I was starting to get cold. 5 minutes later, I look up and see a buck out at about 60-65 yards. I knew right away he was shooter and steadied my shotgun. I shot and he dropped like a rock. After walking up to him, I knew it was the same 7 point that my roommate had missed in bow season a few weeks earlier. He ended up being 146 lbs field dressed, had a 15.5" inside spread and 7 points. Not my biggest buck but still a nice deer. I hope others had the same success as me today and if not, good luck!
Old 11-27-2007, 05:10 PM

Hunted in area 3b both monday and today..Saw o deer
and only 2 other hunters....Where are they hiding????
Old 11-27-2007, 05:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

i went out to take down my hunting stand and hunter was there with nice 8 point that he shot in area in hunt.
he told me that he hunted this area for 5 years, i have been in there for 43 years.
he does not want to see me hunting in there next year,its state land.
he said he is now bringing in 3 more of his buddies to hunt that spot and he is telling me its HIS spot .

i left my stand there today as i had chest pains.
will go out tommorrow but i am carrying my pistol with me.

i never in my life saw so many greedy hunters that i am seeing now.
these guys are from out of state, not picking at out of state hunters but they seem to be ones i am having trouble with all time, not locals or non locals..

i believe that hunters like this will be ones to ruin our hunting.

i got news for them, i am not leaving the area i hunted for 43 years..

sad ending to nice start hunting deer but i see more of this due to lack of deer.

these guys are scouting hard,i know runways for 43 years, now they know them, they work at it hard to get best spot which i am in every year.

i never chased them out but they are trying to do it to me.

again, its lack of deer that is causing all this in WMU2G and now that we have 3 point rule, we are getting bigger bucks,so greed is getting worst.
sad ,isnt it.......
Old 11-27-2007, 06:08 PM

I went out Monday (area 2c southwest of PA) and saw a nice buck but was to far for the bow range. I heard shots 30 mintues later and figured a rifle hunter got him. Other then that two does came byand I watched them piss around as I was hoping a buck would visit.It rained all day and I had enough. I think all the smart deer headedsouth for cover.Hopefully this weekend will be better.

Parednekstay strong for our freedom is because of your bravery.
\
Matt
Old 11-28-2007, 02:04 AM

Thanks for the comment blackjeep04. sproulman what wmu are u in? I had a somesimilar incidents happen to me in 5b i only here stuff like that happening in places where there is not as much land chester county i had i guy nearly shoot me over a spot its bs were all sportsman we should be helping one another ive seen hunters help each other scout in the off season to cover more ground and when the season starts they fight about where there hunting its stupid!! the easyest way to deal with a person like that that cant be reasoned with is simply out hunt the man after 43 years of the same spot you should know a little more than he does think of it as a football game and u have home field advantage.

I talk to my brother in 2G still nothing

Quick Reply: Pa Hunters Please Read

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.