Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 I love deer hunting in Ct. >

I love deer hunting in Ct.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

I love deer hunting in Ct.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I love deer hunting in Ct.

Nice going Mike! That is one big 6 point you have there. You've been having one heck of a season! Congrats to all of you.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Mike on a successful hunt with your friends. Don't listen for a minute to any of the people who start blabbing about antler restriction and such nonesense. As someone else mentioned, they are the ones who usually never get any deer and now want the state to somehow try to make things easier for them. All that states should be concerned with is controlling deer populations. How big a bucks antlers are means JACK in the scheme of things. If you and your friends were happy with the deer they got, that is all that should matter. You can't ask for more success than that!
Old 11-21-2007, 11:11 AM

I take it this was the smallest then? Nice hacked neck shot. I'd say you are a killer..Brown It's Down Killer
Old 11-21-2007, 12:20 PM
Fork Horn

you know i dont know about anyone else but i tried and tried again to boil them things on the deer heads and for some reason they never became edible,NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU COOK OR ADD SEASONING TO IT. who cares what people take to eat. not everyone hunts for trophy and as stated before "ITS ALL IN THE EYES OF THE BEHOLDER".
Old 11-23-2007, 07:30 AM

Nice buck mike!!
Connecticut has some real monsters
[align=center] [/align]
Old 11-25-2007, 09:09 AM

military service has nothing to do with hunting....or filling a tag just to fill a tag ...

we can agree to disagree.....not my style hunting...

nice deer in the truck ...
Old 11-25-2007, 12:14 PM
Spike

Good season here too. Two from Area 52 and still have some time for private land. Black powder yet to come.

It is kind of hard to think of December without much hunting beyond some club pheasant, the tail end of private land, and some muzzle loader.

Ignore those guys obssessed with antlers. Can't eat them. All they do is gather dust.

Old 11-25-2007, 01:35 PM

I love letting an arrow fly to but you got to let the baby bucks walk if you wana kill shoot a doe. In a few years those deer would be wallhangers thats what sucks about ct everyons shoots small bucks.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:43 PM

Thats a nice deer but ive shot A lot bigger in ct
Old 11-25-2007, 08:31 PM

CT HUNTER....I am not obessed at all with Antlers....BUT we have deer all over. if you need to kill something shoot a doe..that is what truly helps the pop problem... let the young bucks walk and everyone benefits across the board....

I am not trying to preach because I also feel if you have spent alot time countless hours in the woods with no luck and the first deer you see is a spike well then green light.....but if it is opening day.....again wack does all day long....

Quick Reply: I love deer hunting in Ct.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.