Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 I love deer hunting in Ct. >

I love deer hunting in Ct.

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

I love deer hunting in Ct.

Old 11-18-2007, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I love deer hunting in Ct.

What a great couple days we had I shot 3 deer in a day and a half you talk about sucess I already can't wait till next year. 5 guys in my group and 6 deer you can't beat that with a stick in the whole North east. Here is a group photo.

And I was also luck enough to take the biggest of the bunch.Not a Monster but I'll take them like this every day of the week

Old 11-18-2007, 09:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: I love deer hunting in Ct.

where in ct??? i am goin to hunt colchester on private land?
Old 11-19-2007, 02:30 PM

Mike Hill,

What your buddies running on "Brown It's Down"? Those are some young deer. Your's is nice though
Old 11-19-2007, 03:27 PM

That is a respectable 6pt, but I'm a bit confussed. Three deer? Last time I hunted Ct each hunter only got two tags. Are they giving out replacement tags in some counties?

FishFry is onto something. Ct has always had good hunting, and could benifit from antler restrictions. Love 'em or hate 'em, they work.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:30 PM

Mike, sorry I forgot; Congrats on a successful weekend. Didn't mean to take anything away.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess I should have been more clear and stated I filled both my private land tags and my state land tag. Small deer I guess but lets see pictures of your monsters then. We took all legal deer and had a ball doing it killjoy why can't you just be happy for us.

DJ we were only about 30 miles from Colechester. If you ever need help hunting there just give me a yell. I love that whole area.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:51 AM

trophy is in the eye ...BUT the little one you pass is the corker you shoot in a few years.....

If you need meat shoot a doe
Old 11-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice job Mike... Filled both your MA buck tags in archery and now this. You gotta have a big freezer bud. I'm sorry I tagged out in MA on bucks cause it takes some of the motivation out of it. Lots of doe tags but just don't need any more meat. I may take the daughter out for opening day of shotgun. Gotta sweet spot in W. Bridgewater with lots of fat does.

I'll tell you what Mike. You shoot what you want and I'll shoot what I want and we can let the rest of them do the same. It's usually the guys who don't shoot anything who talk about AR's and QDM.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:10 PM

My freezer is full with a doe and a 220 pound 8 pointer......I could careless what people shoot......if you are happy that is all that matters

I do disagree with shooting something just because you want to fill a tag .....that is being a killer not a hunter
Old 11-20-2007, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh well Imagin to my suprise that after 50 years of what I thought was hunting I'm just a killer. I bet my 23 years of active military service has something to do with it. But I'm an equal opportunity killer. This is my biggest Ct. deer. 3 years ago.

Of course I bet you have one from Ct. much bigger? Also notice the doe beside him. (Just a Killer)

Quick Reply: I love deer hunting in Ct.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.