Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 NY Opener Results >

NY Opener Results

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NY Opener Results

Old 11-19-2007, 06:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: NY Opener Results

5 different bucks, probably 15 different does/fawns all weekend between 4 of us. one doe down sat night. waitin on a few monsters to make a mistake in 7J....overall a good weekend...
Old 11-19-2007, 10:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got thisnice buck on opening morning. Dressed 175 lbs

Our group took three buck and a doe on 180 acres.

The snow was great.

FH
Old 11-20-2007, 04:24 AM
Fork Horn

My buddies dad shot this one in Avoca NY area....20 1/2" inside....scored 144...

It had an broadhead hole in it jsut under the spine, but was walking just fine when shot...I feel bad for teh guy that missed during archery season...

Old 11-20-2007, 05:32 AM
Typical Buck

Hey Farm great buck and even better Pic...I love the snow...it sounds like you had a great snowy opener...
Old 11-20-2007, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hunted with my uncle in our usual place in Delaware county. We saw three deer, and all three are now in the freezer. Two 8 point bucks and a doe by 8:00 AM on opening day. Did not expect such a productive day, but the conditions were down right perfect. A couple of inches of snow on the ground, temperature around 25 degrees and a very light wind. Just as I expected the bucks were in peak rut. My uncles buck was chasing the doe and he shot them both. My buck was following some tracks from a deer that must have passed there overnight.

Old 11-20-2007, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: moose1915

exceptionally pitifull where i am
Ditto!! Out of our party of 4, nobody got a shot or seen any deer!!
This is down in Catt. County!!
[:@]
Old 11-20-2007, 09:32 AM

My first deer, been mostly an archery hunter but he walked by on opening day and I took him. Seven point dressed at 140lbs. I have been hunting for longer then I would like to admit but now I finally got the monkey off my back.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:37 AM

And my girlfriends buck a 5-point dressed at 120lbs. This is her 5th deer but first in a few years. Both bucks were taken from the same stand, one day apart at almost exactly the same time. We didn't see any bucks on this property during archery but they seem to be moving now.

My buddy got a buck and a doe on opening day in Wyoming Cty. 8pt and a 115lb Doe. He shot the doe and when he found her about 40 yds away there was a buck bedded less then 10yrds away, when the buck stood up he got his double.

Old 11-20-2007, 05:21 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 7 Pt. first day!

Moose 1915 said "exceptionally pitifull where i am"

We must hunt the same area

Me too :all of 5 shots on sat morning Hancock n.y.
My son and his Buddiescored with a 6 pointer and his Buddie a 8 pointer they hunted rinebeck area i have to say opening doe tags in delaware county was a big mistake the herds are not there any longer.
I be back up on sat: DEP land in Putnam county
Old 11-20-2007, 06:11 PM

my opener wasnt horrible but i wasnt good either, seen 2 does and well that about it, the woods by were i am still have some leaves on them and the does were both right behind those leaves and i wasnt able to see them, i seen them when they were running off, i was bummed because they were about 40 yards away and i was wondering if i should glass right behind those leaves but i decided not to because i doubted there was anything back there, but not im kicking myself that dumb mistake, but o well i have thursday,firday,saturday,and sunday to go huting and i cant wait good luck to all

Quick Reply: NY Opener Results

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.