Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 NY Opener Results >

NY Opener Results

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NY Opener Results

Old 11-19-2007, 07:13 AM

Default RE: 7 Pt. first day!

Got this guy Sunday morning. Field dressed at 160lbs.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:14 AM
Typical Buck

Nice Buck...Congrats..
Old 11-19-2007, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

i saw a spike chasing a doe like crasy, besdies that i saw a very little 4 pointer, and lots of does, i wish i could shoot them, but 3h sucks at giving doe permits out.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Saw nine opening day the guy hunting below me shot an 8 pt I couldn't get a shot at,three yesterday morining going out and take a walk then then pick up my son and try it again this afternoon.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:12 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: NY Opener Results

ORIGINAL: BuckAlleyI was surprised wasn't more hunters out with the cool temps, and little bit of snow.
Same here. We had about 8-10" of the white stuff in 7M. There was almost no shooting on the neighboring properties. I kinda depend on them to drive deer to me. On the other hand it was nice to see normal deer movement on the opening day of shotgun season.

I shot a really high forkhorn on opening day. I assumed he would have brow tines but surprisingly he didn't. Oh well. Congratulations to everyone who got a deer.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:24 PM
Fork Horn

I saw 5 flatheads Saturday and connected on a doe at 7:39am. 90 yards one shot dropped in her tracks with the 20 gauge Ithica Deerslayer, dressed out 116 pounds. Lots of shooting on Saturday. All four of us saw deer the other guys did not get decent shot ops. Sunday there were like no hunters in 7m or 7f where we hunted. Exept one group of guys from Potsdam about 12 of them who just do drives all weeked from sun up to down. Sunday two of us saw 0 and one saw a small buck.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:41 PM

connected on a small fork horn classified as a doe. thought it was a doe as well...he was pushing some does around came behind me and i shot him. Broke ehis leg off so we had to track him and shoot him again. Ended up right by the road and i put a finishing shot on him. he must have gone 300 yards on 3 legs. Now its time to take out the big boy!!!
Old 11-19-2007, 02:26 PM

Chronic,

How is a fork horn classified as a doe? Or did u mean u shot it thinking it was a doe and then later found out it was a fork horn?
Old 11-19-2007, 03:56 PM
Spike

I was hunting in Sullivan county over the opener. Town of Tusten. I have to say that this very well could be the worse year in activity I have ever seen. I didn't see one deer in the woodsin over 22 hours of hunting. This is very unusual for a place that I use to see over 35 deer a day. I don't know. I guess every place has it's ups and downs. I'll have to see what next weekend brings before I head over to PA for the opener.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:11 PM
Fork Horn

I sat from 6:00 am - 5:30 pm and saw one doe saturday. Sunday sat from 6:00am-10:00 am then back in at 11:00am-5:30pm saw 1 doe with her 4 fawns. We hunt 58 acres of provite land. My uncle and I. We were trying to get a huge 10 point that we had on trail camera but he got shot opening day 1/2 mile away.[&o] The guys on the other side of the thurway shot 4 does and a 4 point opening day. Hope there is another big boy.

Quick Reply: NY Opener Results

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.