Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Hey NYers it's almost here. >

Hey NYers it's almost here.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Hey NYers it's almost here.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:29 PM
Spike

Default Hey NYers it's almost here.

That special day we are all waiting for is almost here. To get us in the mood I thought I'd ask what gun you'll be hitting the field with and what method of hunting you'll be using. Me: my Win model 70 in 300 min magand i'll be stand hunting. Good luck to all of you!
Old 11-12-2007, 08:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Hey NYers it's almost here.

ill probably be using my rem 870. shotgun only over here. ill be sittin on the ground..
Old 11-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Fork Horn

Mossberg 12 gauge, I'll be climbing a tree in my stand most the morning near the property lineand let the all the public land hunters on the adjacent property push the deer over to our private land sanctuary where the deer feel safer. Little do they know, I'll be waiting for them. I also might do some hunting out of a popup ground blind.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:26 PM
Typical Buck

Mossberg 835 with a cantilever ported rifled barrel and a 1.5x-4.5x bushnell scope...finally today, since hunting from the beginning of bow, finally found some buck sign, 8-10 new rubs and 2 scrapes in a 60x60 section of sapling hardwoods....aught to be a grand opening morning!
Old 11-13-2007, 05:43 AM

They just changed the county that I do mosy of my hunting in to rifle. I'm actually kind of confused as to what to carry. I have hunted extensively with the rifle in the Adirondacks and over by Albany but I kinda like the feel of going afield with the 'ol 870 w/slugs. I will hunt with the bow for the last 3 days of the bow season (THATS TOMORROW AM!!!! wooooHoooo), hunt with the rifle from a tree stand if I hunt the fields and carry the shotgun if we drive, still hunt or stalk. I will also have in my posession a brand new Smith and Wesson 629 .44 Magnum - and given the chance would love to use that.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:44 AM

Well, if I'm hunting over my food plots where I may need to reach out and touch that special deer, I'll be using my Browning BAR in a Win. 270 cal. If I'm in the woods, I'll use my Mossberg 835 w/sabots and my hand gun for up and close visits for those deer that like to walk around the stand.

Took my first buck last year at 240 yards over a C/C/B field.

Have nice trail pics of a few dandy bucks, however never saw them during archery season as of yet. Leaving soon for camp to get the last few days in. Spending the next two weeks there, hope one of them makes a visit during day light hours.

Old 11-13-2007, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Depending on the weather conditions Sat. If its decent I may carry my CVA muzzleloader. Because I've never taken a deer with it, and like too. Plus I'm a 1 shot 1 kill kinda hunter. If its sorta wet like out I'll carry my trusty ol' Mossberg 500, thats taken alot of deer for me over the yrs. I'll stand hunt most of the day.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:18 AM
Fork Horn

I have carried the same shotgun for 26 years. It is a 16 ga. Remington 1100 that is topped with a red dot scope. My watch is a funnel where 3 pieces of property come together. I will have my back to an old oak tree waiting for Mr. Big to come by.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:03 PM
Fork Horn

I will be up in my climber an hour before first light on the back side of a swamp on the back side of a pond on a 4000+acre peice of state land. I saw 11 deer here opening day last year and let 9 does pass because no doe tag and two small bucks because they were too young. This year I have a doe tag.

I will most likely be toting my scoped Ithica DeerslayerII 20 gauge shooting lightfields. I have been thinking about just maybe bringing my new TC Triumph muzzleloader in stead who knows. A couple of years ago I took a ten point and a doe out of this watch opening morning about 30 seconds apart. That would not have happened with the muzzleloader. And then again I would not have spent the next 6 hours dragging deer!!

Old 11-13-2007, 05:08 PM

im ganna use my remington model 700 30-06, i cant wait and hopefully i can fill up the freezer in my first day

Quick Reply: Hey NYers it's almost here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.