Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Who's getting psyched in New York? >

Who's getting psyched in New York?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Who's getting psyched in New York?

Old 11-10-2007, 04:57 PM

Default RE: Who's getting psyched in New York?

This will be my fourth hunting season, so I'm still pretty psyched to get out in the woods and hunt.

I'm considered a late bloomer to the sport, but I have become very passionate about this animal they call, "Whitetail Deer"!

I do hear from new found friends within the sport that deer numbers are down from years past, which I have no personal knowledge due to my lack of hunting tenure, but it seems debateable on this forum to each posters hunting WMU.

Personally, I've seen more deer on my personal property in the last three years, but don't think there's more of them, just think that I see them more due to habitat improvements that I've performed over the last two years.

I will admit, this years bow season has been extremly disappointing to me since the weather was warmer in my area (and maybe just when I was hunting) then before.

I really wish that everyone see's plenty of deer this coming opening gun season. The past two years I was content with just seeing deer, but now I hopeing to harvest a big one.

I hope I never lose the psyched feeling I get when deer season comes upon me. Guess I'm still the optimistic, always say maybe tommorrow or next season. I'm sure this might get old, but as long as I meet new friends within the sport, get my kids involved in land improvements and hunting, the dream will continue.

Psyched, you BET I AM!

Old 11-12-2007, 08:06 AM

Personally, I've seen more deer on my personal property in the last three years, but don't think there's more of them, just think that I see them more due to habitat improvements that I've performed over the last two years.
That's great, the same on my familys land. If you have the property and time to manage food plots or even a sanctuary or area that you can make thick and nasty and just stay out of. I believe you will see more deer. You don't need a ton of land to do this, we have 46 acres and have a sanctuary that we stay out of. We were able to down some big over grown trees and planted some spruce. Letting the spruce, briars and everything else grow nice and thick and nasty. The deer seem to love going in and out of there. We also were able to plant old logging roads with birds foot trifoil, clover and brasica. Since we started this the deer numbers and size of bucks have grown soo much.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:59 PM
Fork Horn

I'm excited, took the whole week off work ofopening week this year. Would love to follow up my 10pt from last year's opening day with another good buck.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:06 PM

Cant get any more psyched than I am now after taking this 8pt buck over the weekend up in Sullivan County(livingston manor)

Old 11-12-2007, 02:12 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: alleganydeerslayer

Who's getting psyched!

Me, me, me!!!
Old 11-12-2007, 02:14 PM

ORIGINAL: bowhunter9797

Cant get any more psyched than I am now after taking this 8pt buck over the weekend up in Sullivan County(livingston manor)

SHOWOFF!!!!!!!! lmao na j/p i would do the same and now you made my days even longer, im trying to get one of them big racks!! lol good luck to everybody1!!!!
Old 11-13-2007, 06:46 AM

Very nice!
Old 11-13-2007, 01:15 PM
Fork Horn

I am definetly getting psyched!! This will be my 25th opening day of shotgun and I still will sleep restless!! I hunt over 60% on public land maybe more. I never remember deer running all over that is for sure! The last few years I have heard a lot of hunters complaining but my groups experiences in that time show better than usual seasons. Heck I have seen at least 46 deer while on watch just this bow season, 12 of them bucks. And I am in central NY and not on any special managed land and most of the time on public land. The last few years the state land is empty after opening weekend of gun. Like my own estate!! I really hope my Dad gets one this year, a buck would be sweet. He is getting short on hunts to go and it has been a couple years since his last and that was a doe. That would make my year.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:38 PM
Spike

I hope this year is better than last year!!!! There were8 of us in our hunting party and not a single person from our party shot...... I think there was only 1 maybe 2hunters that shotbucks onopening day where we hunt (private land120 or soacres). Bow season was good to me arrowed my first in 8 years( no big boys to speak of ).... Now I just need that bruiser to come walkin around w/ only one thing on his mind!!!! Good luckeveryboby and stay safe!