Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

First Bow Buck

Old 10-30-2007, 07:56 PM
Typical Buck

Default First Bow Buck

here I'm originally from the Watertown area where it's rifle season already. I was quite dissapointed to not see many deer during our 2-3 week archery season. Weather was quite warm during our bow season. I wish our archery was longer and rifle was about a month instead of about a month and a half b/c we might have some bigger deer around. Anyways...I'll cut to the chase. Went hunting at my girlfriend's Aunt and Uncles w/ her cousin on Sat. morning South of Canandaigua near Cheshire (I was planning to propose to her later in the day and didn't expect to get anything). I was hunting at the top of a high hill where it was quite windy. Ended up moving my climber after about half an hour to a spot that was a lot less windy. Sat for about an hour-two in this spot only to start doing some grunts and bleets. All the sudden I see a deer coming in about 25-30 yards. Noticed antlers thinking it was a small 4 pt. Drew my bow and let her fly when it started quartering away. Saw the deer run about 100 yards down a hill and waited ten minutes to try and find a blood trail & arrow then went back to the house and ate breakfast. Came back in an hour to find the deer was a decent 7. Double lung shot. Quite exciting for my first deer w/ a bow. Man I was shakin bad. Had just enough time to cut him up, ask her parents if proposing was ok and eventually proposing. I don't wanna say what was better...getting my first deer w/ a bow or proposing...I would get in trouble if she read this. I'll try and post a pic later.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e19/Troutman10/Wessdeer10-27-07009.jpg

Old 10-30-2007, 08:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: First Bow Buck

congrats
Old 10-30-2007, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Troutman, and I agree 100%. N. archery is way too short. This yr we only got 1 lone wknd on new tags. Our 2nd wknd was shared with muzzleloaders. I don't know why they continue to short change us in the north, and Rifle is way too long. I know alot rifle hunters that say too much foliage in Oct. to bother. I too have land in Southern Tier, and I don't pickup a gun to hunt until archery's closed.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:10 AM
Fork Horn

Way to go Wes!!!!

You have to post some pics!!!!!!
Old 10-31-2007, 05:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice work. Can't wait to see a pic. Congrats.

Old 10-31-2007, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice job congrats to ya
Old 10-31-2007, 06:28 AM

awesome.. Thats great.. congrats on both fronts!
Old 10-31-2007, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats man!
Old 10-31-2007, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

good job man, I live inCanandaigua areaI know the Cheshire area well in a couple years you will learn to hold out there are some real urban brutes in that area and archery season is the way to go.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Typical Buck

I heard there are some big ones running around there. I was lucky to see this one when I did. What a day. Can't wait to possibly get a chance at a big boy some day! What a thrill this one was.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e19/Troutman10/Wessdeer10-27-07009.jpg

Quick Reply: First Bow Buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.