Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 $10,000 Reward in PA >

$10,000 Reward in PA

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

$10,000 Reward in PA

Old 11-07-2007, 02:05 PM

Default RE: $10,000 Reward in PA

Wow. That sucks. That chunk of woods is right down the road from where I work. Pretty sure it's the same patch of woods I hunted years ago. Keep us posted...
Old 11-08-2007, 09:28 PM
Spike

Default RE: $10,000 Reward in PA

That sucks.....At least he is still alive.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:51 PM
Spike

I remember reading about this a while ago and was wondering if there has been any update to the case. Did the guy have a full recovery and did they ever catch the shooter? It really sucks that there are people like this in the woods.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:58 AM
Typical Buck

There is a guy who lives locally to me. He has been a hunter for many years and goes on hunting trips every year. This past spring gobbler he went to WV for spring gobbler. He purchased an item from the local sporting good shop and then went to the Stonewall Jackson State Park and then shot a man- killed him- and then fled back to Pa only to go hunting in New York shortly after. The WV state police were able to track him down because the item he purchased was left at the scene and his truck's description was given to authorities. Read the article attached. I know this guy, he is my sister's boss and he is still walking around free. That is a bunch of $#!+ if you ask me. And as far as the SOB who shot that bowhunter... I am glad Pa's laws aren't as backward as WV's and this guy will actually get some real time if caugh unlike Bob Tobias.
http://wboy.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=62774
Old 08-22-2009, 06:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was two ridges over that morning and found 6 messages on my phone from my wife who saw it on the local news and panicked. All she saw was that a bowhunter had been shot in his tree in the area.

A police officer friend who was on the scene said at the time that the shooting looked VERY deliberate as related by the victims hunting buddy who was posted in sight. At the time, they figured that the shooter had to know the victim. The story was that the shooter parked his truck and walked straight up to the guy and shot twice.

I'm amazed to hear that they havent caught the guy yet.