Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA HUNTING Past Weekend >

PA HUNTING Past Weekend

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA HUNTING Past Weekend

Old 10-25-2007, 10:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: PA HUNTING Past Weekend

i seen 8 doe and 1 buck hunting in WMU2G archery about 4 days a week..
i used to see 100 deer in 4 days a week.
i dont hunt doe because i feel its going to be end of our hunting.
only bucks.
the muzzleloder/rifle season ,i saw a lot of doe shot,like 5 hunters had 2 doe.
thing that surprised me was all the 12 yr old kids that got HUGE BUCKS with bow on sat. here in WMU2G.

12 yrs old shooting 13 point bucks with BOW.

boy, i must be doing something wrong for last 43 yrs hunting archery.hmmmmmmmmmmmm..
Old 10-26-2007, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

thing that surprised me was all the 12 yr old kids that got HUGE BUCKS with bow on sat. here in WMU2G.

12 yrs old shooting 13 point bucks with BOW.

boy, i must be doing something wrong for last 43 yrs hunting archery.hmmmmmmmmmmmm..
Or maybe the game commission efforts are paying off with better mature bucks!
Old 10-26-2007, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think he is implying that the big bucks were shot with muzzleloaders, and tagged illegally with a childs archery tag.

Old 10-26-2007, 06:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: livbucks

I think he is implying that the big bucks were shot with muzzleloaders, and tagged illegally with a childs archery tag.
remember, you could use rifles and muzzleloaders on thursday,friday,BIG DAYsat for DOE ONLY..

i can say this,YOU CANT JUST GO OUT ON WMU2G ON SAT and shoot a big buck with bow with all hunters that were chasing doe from sat to next sat.

i have been hunting hard for archery season,at least 4 days a week for buck.
big buck are not showing themselves yet and are not moving and almost impossible to get with BOW.
43 years at it,toughest hunting i have ever seen.

Old 10-26-2007, 11:29 PM

Seen 4 bucks come out of the laurels on wedsday during the rain. Was yote hunting. All 4 was together. 6er 2-4s and a small spike. Their antlers was quite thin. Very few does though I have seen.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Sprite12

Seen 4 bucks come out of the laurels on wedsday during the rain. Was yote hunting. All 4 was together. 6er 2-4s and a small spike. Their antlers was quite thin. Very few does though I have seen.
i saw about 8 doe killed in clinton county in area i hunt with muzzleloader/rifle.
i heard a lot of bucks were killed that week also with BOW,real big ones.
its always the muzzleloader/.rifle week that i here of the BIG BUCK being killed.
now, back to just archery and i will hear of very few buck killed even tho its rut and bucks are moving.

it seems that some bow hunters are real accurate or lucky with bow on buck last week.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sproulman

ORIGINAL: Sprite12

i saw about 8 doe killed in clinton county in area i hunt with muzzleloader/rifle.
i heard a lot of bucks were killed that week also with BOW,real big ones.
its always the muzzleloader/.rifle week that i here of the BIG BUCK being killed.
now, back to just archery and i will hear of very few buck killed even tho its rut and bucks are moving.

it seems that some bow hunters are real accurate or lucky with bow on buck last week.
Unfortunately Sproul, there will always be criminals in society.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:12 AM
Typical Buck

what is so criminal about a few bucks being killed by bow during the week of muzzleloader season????? Has anybody givin thought to the fact that more people in the woods will move deer ? or the fact that muzzle blasts tend to move deer! I hunt clinton co. as well and i am pissed off at myself for not takin the week of muzzleloader off so i could take advantage of better deer movement. My Dad and his wife hav'nt seen a deer on our land all season until the week of muzzleloader(A) because thereare no deer(B) the 3000 acres that surround us got hammered in muzzleloader season chasin what few deer that are there onto our land. You can bitch and blame everything and everybody for the current deer dilemma,,,but before you do,,,look in the mirror and ask yourself,,,,have i been one of those guys buying as many doe tags as the state will allow and goin out opening week and not seein a buck so i filled every doe tag that i could because Gary Alt told me too? well if thats the case,,,like my old pappy used to say "you made yer bed now lay in it"!!!!!!

Thank You
Old 10-28-2007, 08:09 AM
Typical Buck

What deer dilemma I have been seeing deer and even more deer now that the corn is down where i hunt. The development ofland has put them close to houses soI go where the deer are and getpermission to hunt there. Looks like you need to find a new spot.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

livbucks, you are right.
rem700man, you are right also.
last year here in clinton county or WMU2G, you could get 2 doe licenses and 6 DMAP.thats 8 doe you could kill.

we tried to stop this maddness,so, they reduced it to 1 doe license and 2 DMAP,so 3 doe you could kill this year.

what did meat hunters do,here is what, they went this year and got all kids 2 DMAP TAGS EA.
so, kid can get buck and 3 doe.
so can adult.but who do you think will be using those tags? not kid.daddyyyyyyyyyyy.

they have to be MAD or nuts at dcnr/pgc and hunters filling all these tags too.

what is kid learning by shooting 4 deer when there is very few here in wmu2g.or dad filling all those tags for him or her.

we were raised to take care of our deer and not overharvest the deer so we had seed for next year.
thats gone out window, for sure and our hunting right with it.

i am not religious,i go to church but if there is god,i hope he has special place for hunters that are destroying what deer hunting we have left.