Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Finally Our Turn MA Hunters >

Finally Our Turn MA Hunters

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Finally Our Turn MA Hunters

Old 10-27-2007, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Finally Our Turn MA Hunters

Shot a little doe 20 miles from Boston. Her momma would not quite close the gap enoughbut gave just enough time to decide I wanted something in the freezer. A big BB stood there knowing I would give him the pass. He had better watch his azz here in MA though. If he had not been with momma I would have laced him thinking he was a she.....
Nice easy drag.
BE IN THE WOODS MONDAY!! It's going to be as cold as it's been all year and things should be heating up. The odd part is I still have SIX doe tags and two buck tags to fill.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:54 AM
Spike

i got monday and tuesday off. Monday should be good. Might drop below freezing in the morning.I Dont plan on using any scent attracter or anything. Anybody been using doe piss yet? I heard about it actually scaring the deer if the urine smells different alot of that bottled piss comes from deer raised on different diets. I looked for a cover scent like racoon piss couldnt find anything though. I plan on hitting grunt tube maybe few times. Too early for estrous doe bleats or what you think? Supposed to be blowing NWest 10mph here on south shore. I Plan on getting to stand good hour before sun up.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice and cold this AM... couldn't hunt, but will definately be out for the PM.
Should be getting good around here now.
Congrats on the doe Planter. Now go fill the rest of those tags!

Old 10-30-2007, 04:32 AM
Typical Buck

Western MA Hunter and Planter, Nice work on getting some meat in the freezer! Now its alot easier to relax...

I only have my Saturday's to hunt because of work and the past two have been pretty lousy, I am hoping that this weekend is good!

All of us MA guys should get together and contact the state about Sunday hunting (I have in the past and heard it may come up again this year).

Good luck to all hunting this week! I want to see some pics.

Jim
Old 10-30-2007, 06:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

We need Sunday hunting...
Went out last night.. Had 2 come in at dark. Only saw their tails as they spooked when I used the Can Call.
I couldn't see in the hardwoods, but could on the field edge. I figured I'd try and see if it was a buck and see if I could get some interest so one would step into the fieldedge so I could get a last minute shot off. That plan backfired as 2 deer blew and I could see their tails bounding off.
Oh well... I will try tonight again.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:00 PM
Spike

I've been seeing a lot of doe tracks lately, I know they are from a doe because she is bedded almost across the street from my house. But here is the kicker, they have buck tracks with them so it must be starting to get a little hot in the woods. Also seeing some bucks on the side of the roads as people are driving, so they are moving now
Old 10-31-2007, 04:35 AM
Typical Buck

Heard about a small buck that got hit running across a road yesterday morning around 8 here in northern MA.

I also saw a 6 point in a field with a doe!

Its on guys! I cant wait for Saturday...

PS > lets all try to keep on this bill that is open....Anne Gobi is very nice, I wrote her before in an email, lets all show our support and see if there is anything we can do.

Not trying to high jack this thread...lets keep it about MA sightings but thought this would be a good thing for all us MA guys.

Bill Number: MA H.B. 2315 & H.B. 749
Bill Status: Pending
HSUS Position: Oppose
Bill Sponsor(s): Reps. Ann Gobi (D, 5th Worcester) and Paul Frost (R, 7th Worcester)
Legislature Status: In Session

Last Action: 1/10/07: H.B. 2315 introduced and referred to the Public Safety and Homeland Security Committee. H.B. 749 introduced and referred to the Environment, Natural Resources and Agriculture Committee.

H.B. 2315 allows Sunday hunting in the Commonwealth.
H.B. 749 expands the powers of the Director of Fisheries and Wildlife to authorize hunting on Sundays.
[/align]

Old 10-31-2007, 05:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would love to see Sunday hunting here in MA!!!

Saw a doe yesterday in a field around 10am. That's it... A buddy saw a doe get hit this AM right in the same area... She hobbled off into the woods...

Went out last night where I had the 2 come in Mon PM... Nothing...
Saw a flock of turkeys. The neighboring land owner's kids were riding their ATVs on the ridge below. That probably sealed the deal.

Old 10-31-2007, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Only have a min got to run wanted to share my number 2 of the bow season with you guys. Had to take a throat shot but boy was it deadly I never saw so much blood even a lung or heart shot I'll take this shot every time if less then 20 yard
Old 11-01-2007, 04:42 AM
Typical Buck

Nice job Mike! Does this mean you are tagged out for bucks?

Jim

Quick Reply: Finally Our Turn MA Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.