Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Finally Our Turn MA Hunters >

Finally Our Turn MA Hunters

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Finally Our Turn MA Hunters

Old 10-19-2007, 09:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Finally Our Turn MA Hunters

Sorry for the wait guys!

Here are the pics of the 8 point I took...he may not be the biggest but I am definately happy and I am going to get him mounted!

Jim

Old 10-20-2007, 09:43 AM
Typical Buck

On the ground

Old 10-20-2007, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fine looking buck Jim!! Lots of bigger deer out there but I would have taken him in a minute. PLUS you have another tag if you want to be more selective. Looks like a trophy to me!!!!
Old 10-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

These temps are killing me I wouldn't even go out this morning. And I am going to be real paticular of any shot I take tonight if I can't drop it in less then 100 yards I'm not going to shoot. I got to work from 7am to 11pm tommorow so if I hit one badly I won't be able to look for it and I fed the cyots enough for this year.

Congrats on a fine looking deer Jim. Be careful only one more buck tag and a long season yet to go.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great buck Neck!
Any buck in MA w/ a bow is a trophy in my opinion... That isrespectable deer. I shot one last year like him... He's on the wall... Maybe I would not have mounted him if I got him w/ the gun, but the bow... Definately...

It doesn't hurt that my brother in law is a taxidermist and doesn't charge me for anything other than materials!

Congrats.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

http://i23.tinypic.com/nwneki.jpg

My buddy shot this one last night in Lanesboro. Dressed out at 172lb. Shot at 5:15 trailing a doe @ 15 yards. Made it 60 before piling up.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Finally scored on a couple of does last night in CT and got the freezer filled.
Had to sneak down there one last time since it's been so slow here in MA.
Nice big doe at 40 yards and then the big skip came in and gave me a perfect 25 yard broadside shot. I couldn't resist...
I hit the big one quartering away. She went 15 yards or so, hunched up, and tipped over in front of me. I hit behind the left hind quarter and put it right up into the boiler room. The smaller one went about 50 yards and piled up. Blew the Crimson Talon right through both shoulders. No tracking required.

One was about 125lb and the other around 65-70.

http://i24.tinypic.com/n3t8wx.jpg

Old 10-24-2007, 02:46 PM

Well, I'm stuck hunting weekends on Public Land. That in and of itself always makes my deer seasons in massachusetts an adventure. I've had mountain bikers travel within 30yds while I'm in the stand in a state forest. Then I have things like what happened to me saturday.

Went out for an afternoon hunt on Saturday. Was climbing up into my stand around noon. I'm facing the tree as I'm climbing up and I'm looking directly into the field. There were probably 20 turkey making their way across the field 20 yards into the field. I thought "Hey, this might be a good afternoon." BEEEEPPPPP Wrong !

Around 2:30 I turn to my right and out of the corner of my eye I see movement in the field. I think "Deer in the field already so I stand slowly and turn around to see what is going on. I see a hunter, I use the term loosely, walking through the middle of the field, bow in hand, hunter orange fanny pack. He walks all the way across the middle of the field. This in itself isn't too bad, after all he might have a stand across the field. BBEEEEEPPPPPP WRONG! He then walks all the way back to where he started but making his way along the field edge. He might as well have just bought a billboard and had it erected in the field to announce his presenence.

Then around 4pm, I hear a loud clap. I slowly get up and see a guy walking his dog with through the field.

WHAT THE F*&%???? I don't know if I should even go back to a different section of that area or blow out completely. I know the guy with the dog knew someone was hunting b/c my truck was right on the road. He walked through that field on purpose.

I hate public land hunting in this state.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:33 PM

You have to love Equestrians andanti-hunters on public land. The looks I've received could kill when I'm in camo and headed into a stand. Great 8 pt Neck, congrats. Temps should drop to about 38 tonight, so I'm hoping the deer will be moving again. I'm going out am & pm tomorrow good luck to everyone.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:30 PM

Awsome job guys season so far hasnt been good for me,just seen a doe that winded me and a yote stalking me both are still living today ,the weather should be a little better this week to get them moving good luck guys

Quick Reply: Finally Our Turn MA Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.