Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 One more day b4 WV bow opens. >

One more day b4 WV bow opens.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

One more day b4 WV bow opens.

Old 10-11-2007, 03:13 PM

Default One more day b4 WV bow opens.

One more day and the hunt is on! Is everyone ready? I am! Im more excited than two 18 yr olds in a strip club!

Does everyone have a buck picked out? Im looking for a couple that we have been seeing in the evenings/mornings on our way to and from work.
The one 10pt has a twin brother this year! Whohoo Just hope I get a little closer this year. I think I will cause Im in the right spot the first time this year. Last yearI did well but I didn't stick the BB. Good Luck to all this Sat!!! Looks like a nice day in the stand by the weather! All will go well if I get the right wind. If it's not right I may not hunt my hot stand. Then again Im pretty scent free when I go. Had deer all around me last year all season and never once got winded. Best of luck all!!!!!!!!! I will post back Sat after my hunt. Later
Old 10-11-2007, 04:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: One more day b4 WV bow opens.

i feel what you are talking about!! i'm in ny we open sat. too.of coarse theweather looks like crap,windy and rain.we will still go though my 14 year old first hunt.i don't know who's more pumped!!! good luck to ya
Old 10-11-2007, 06:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Got a whole poop pile of buddies going down to hunt this weekend at two different places. I think we'll do ok, but no real nice bucks spotted yet...
Old 10-12-2007, 05:53 AM

Good Luck to you and your son Joejr! You too Doug!

Going by the weather on AOL this sat it's going to be a perfect day to hunt. Mostly cloudy with lows near 40* and would you beleive a good 5-10 mph breezeblowing just the way I need it! Now if the deer are as active as they were last year it's going to be a good day! I will take my tree stand to the ridge today so I dont have to carry it in that morning. It's about 500 ft in elevation and a half mile walk into my stand. I see a 4 wheeler in my near future. LOL
Old 10-12-2007, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am as ready as I ever will be but I think a squirrel hunter has already helped me out with my two bucks I had ben seeing a 6 and an 8 both were pretty nice bucks not book but very nice for this area. I havent saw the 8 since squirrel season opened on saturday and on Monday was the last time for the 6 and my wife heard several shots around from my stand. They are bad about that here. It has been the same the past 3 seasons bucks right up until squirrel season then never saw again. I sure wish the DNR would start us a little earlier. I am so tired of watching bucks all summer and early fall only to have them fall a week before I am allowed to hunt them.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:39 AM

They can't stay hidden forever Royak! I have that problem in rifle season, I get sometimes 7 bucks around my treestand within 75 yrds in bow season and when rifle rolls around I am lucky to see one or two bucks in the two week span. Good luck to you!
Old 10-12-2007, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

WvShapeshifter I agree they can stay hidden I am just afraid that these are hidden in someones freezer already. And good luck too you also
Old 10-12-2007, 03:47 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck to you.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:22 AM

Well my first day in the treestand was a good one. I seen 12 deer (does) and I could hear a young buck grunting in the thicket. That makes 13 that passed thru close enoughto look at. The fisrt three deer were way off at about 80-90 yrds, the second set were 4 deer and they were closer but still 60-70 yrdsoff, as soon as they went thru another group of 4 camethru but within 25-30 yrds ofme this time. They seemed to have a place to be and theydidn't hangout. Anyhow just as they went out of sightI had alone doe come in to my salt lick and shehung out a whilechewing on that old stump, that is untilshe turned broadside and I let one fly. Igot a good cleanpass thru shot and the ol girl never ran 50 yards before I seen her godown.I love it whena plan comes together! Now it's timeto wait forthe big buckto make a trip thru.Im not meat hunting anymore until I run out!

Good luckall!!!!
Old 10-14-2007, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Alright thats cool congrats I had 6 does at 25 yds for about an hour could have taken one at any time but I was hoping that the buck would show up but no go I still think he went down last week to a squirrel hunter. I will give it a couple more days and then I will take a doe just for eating. It sure was a beautiful day and it was really nice to just watch the does. I never even lifted my bow I knew if I did one of them wouldnt be back .

Quick Reply: One more day b4 WV bow opens.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.