Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 MD bowhunters check in >

MD bowhunters check in

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

MD bowhunters check in

Old 10-08-2007, 11:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default MD bowhunters check in

Cmon guys, someone has to be hunting!! I have only been out on opening day and saw three bucks, including the one I shot, so I am dying to get back out and fill my doe tags.... I am planning on going down this weekend and sika hunting, hopefully get a whitetail doe or two so I can start buck hunting again!

Old 10-09-2007, 09:51 AM

Default RE: MD bowhunters check in

I have been hunting liberty resevoir for a while now...passed on a few. I hunted PA last weekend and will this one. I love Archery season, but cannot wait until it cools down, its just too hot for me right now.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:51 AM

I have 2 doe in the freezer. These warm temps have everything on lockdown right now. It's going to bust wide open once the temps cool down later this week. If you ever need any company Sika hunting let me know. I have hunted for them a couple of times but don't know the areas real well so I don't get over there as much as I should.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:50 PM
Fork Horn

my uncle just killed a nice 6 point sika last weekned. i love hunting them.

barrabas - i hunt liberty also, havent really seen any deer yet. a few that i passed on. i have a new promising spot but its so hot, i cant stand to haul that climber in. hopefully it cools down.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Will check in after this weekend[&:]
Old 10-09-2007, 05:08 PM
Fork Horn

Looks like I won't get out deer hunting till muzzleloader this year. Wow that sucks. I'll definitely do some bow hunting in November though.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:52 PM
Fork Horn

I'll be out all day Saturday and if work permits, I will be out Friday from say 3PM til dark. My hand is finally feeling better, so I think I should be able to draw the bow without any complications. I plan on taking some shots tomorrow to make sure, but I'll be in the woods NO MATTER what Saturday. If I score anything, I'll post it in the 3-page thread that we have going about the MD bow season. Good luck to all with this beautiful fall weather rolling in!
Old 10-10-2007, 05:46 PM
Typical Buck

I've been hunting at the WSSC in Montgomery Co. This is the buck I shot there last Saturday.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:47 PM

Hunterbrum - nice pie bald! Plan on getting the hide tanned? Glad to see you were able to get some time in at WSSC. Believe they start their managed gun hunts on the 15th.

Hunteda few days, but with the temps as high as they are it just takes away from the hunt. I also hunt Liberty and a few other pieces of public land in Carroll/Howard county. REALLY looking forward to some cooler temps!

Good luck this weekend guys.

Scott
Old 10-11-2007, 03:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the piebald. I killed one several years ago that was a near twin to the one you got. Don't make the same mistake I did though . . . I washed the skin after I removed it, rolled it up and waited a day before taking it to the taxidermist. My bad, and all the hair fell out when he was fleshing it. Getting it wet and then delaying getting it there were BIG mistakes. I know better . . . now.

Quick Reply: MD bowhunters check in

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.