Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Allegheny National Forest??? >

Allegheny National Forest???

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Allegheny National Forest???

Old 10-08-2007, 07:43 PM

Default Allegheny National Forest???

Just thought id start a post on the Allegheny National Forest....have a camp up there near Marienville and am curious as to if anyone has hunted that area yet this season..if so howd it go?

Might take a trip up there sometime this weekend...temps should be down, a lil rain on friday might make for alot of movement on saturday morning.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:11 AM

Default RE: Allegheny National Forest???

I'm pretty local to the ANF.

And, the locals say there are no deer left in there.

It's rumored AR and too many doe tags wiped 'em out.

Was camping at Red Bridge this summer and saw more than my share...so believe whatcha want.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

have a camp in just outside of Kane headed toward red bridge, have seen a few here and there, not too many though......i see more new gas wells then anything.....
Old 10-10-2007, 05:41 AM

I'm not much on campground camping, too many people...but my wife wanted to go to a "park", Red Bridge had a site.

Me and the boys suffered the weekend by fishin', explorin'and watching critters.

In justone morning, while the boys were busy killin' fish....I glassed more deer and bear across the water than I could legally tag in a season, and woulda beeneasy pickin's via .257 or .308.

That never don't impress me................
Old 10-10-2007, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know the area well. We do good/ we do bad. I have a camp around there. There are some BIG bucks, not many deer overall.
Last year I got a nice 8 and my brother got a 140 class 10 point on second day of rifle.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Wilds

I'm not much on campground camping, too many people...but my wife wanted to go to a "park", Red Bridge had a site.

Me and the boys suffered the weekend by fishin', explorin'and watching critters.

In justone morning, while the boys were busy killin' fish....I glassed more deer and bear across the water than I could legally tag in a season, and woulda beeneasy pickin's via .257 or .308.

That never don't impress me................
In those parts, your words of description mean no less than 2 bear and4 deer did you see. More is a possibilty, but no less.

Old 10-11-2007, 06:07 PM

Yup..........
Old 10-11-2007, 07:25 PM

LIVBUCK...

Just curious as to where your camp exactly is....maybe were close to each other?

Also, do you have any tips or advice for hunting this weekend up there in the big woods?

Email me if you dont want the whole world to know haha
Old 10-11-2007, 07:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Been hunting the ANF for 38 years. Got a camp in Tionesta and hunt all over the ANF. Still plenty of game including deer. Some places arent as productive as they were but others are better.

Any of you guys hunt around Buzzard Swamp?
Old 10-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Fork Horn

BtBowhunter,

My uncle has a camp up there and we are going up rifle season. I am not sure how close it is to you though. It is right up past Cooks Forest in Leper I think.

Wayne

Quick Reply: Allegheny National Forest???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.