Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

snow shoes?

Old 01-11-2003, 07:10 PM
jjo

Default snow shoes?

thinking of getting a pair of snow shoes for hunting & recreation.could use some help on what brand or type.i will be hunting in maine.

thanks jjo
Old 01-12-2003, 06:02 PM

Default RE: snow shoes?

I have the Cabelas Alaskan Outfitter Snowshoes. I have been very happy with them...and they are reasonably priced at about $100. I'm sure that there are better ones...like Tubbs...but they're quite a bit more expensive. The Alaskan Outfiller shoes have a good sized set of teeth on the bottom that really helps with steep slippery slopes. Do you really have enough snow during hunting season to need snowshoes? In NH, we generally have under a foot of snow on the ground in late November-early December.

Good luck!!
Old 01-12-2003, 09:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: snow shoes?

huge fan of tubbs, when i was in upstate ny i did lots of huntin and hikin on them, i;m a big guy and they worked very well for me, i will tell ya huntin snowshoes on snow shoes is a blast, espically with a cap and ball pistol

"smile, life could be worse.. i could be datin your daughter."