Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 kill all deer in PA >

kill all deer in PA

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

kill all deer in PA

Old 09-23-2007, 06:46 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: kill all deer in PA

Speaking of that outfit, I can't figure our how they manage to mangle figures with such regularity. Lately I've found several postings that list their membership at 30,000, 40,000 and 60,000. Can't figure if their turnover/recruitment is in a constant state of flux...or whether they're just numerically challenged?

One of their spokespersons made the statement earlier this year at a public venue, that PA's deer herd will be down to 50,000 by 2009. Found another comment on a women's hunting site, where one femaleproponent claimed there are now only 250,000 deer left in PA.

They claim that we've killed too many deer, but can't decide if we've killed2.5 million or 3 million over the past several seasons, yet the basis of their latest law suit is primarily based on the game commission's faulty sytem of counting deer.

Old 09-25-2007, 05:03 AM
Host of Hosts

or whether they're just numerically challenged
fuzzy math
Old 09-25-2007, 06:10 AM

go ask the car insurance companies how many deer are in pa. i'm sure they will tell you quite a few.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:51 PM
Fork Horn

All I know is that i got more Bucks mounted on my wall than most of you and i am only 25. I can kill deer whenever i want to it is not hard to me. If i dont kill them someone else is that what i have learned over the past 5 years. I kill doe that need to be killed, doe that are over 4 Or 5 years old-- For you that dont know--Doesonly produce one deer after that around 80 percent of the time it is a doe. I shoot the deer where They are overpopulated mostly posted land that the where i got the landowners permission. If you think that only 450,000 deer are killed a year your not very smart. THey give out a Million+ tags. Pennsylvania hunters for the most part are hunters-They kill. Add in the roadkills, Aphis, Diseased animals, and natural predation. I am simply stating that their is a spotty deer population where their is a few to No animals. The forest health is fine. I do not see any overbrowsing in my management zones unless its heavily posted, Which is the problem in the first place-Its posted And its not being managed properly. Also i thought that this Was a hunting forum. I have to Spell this wrong so that most of us rednEckss can understand what i am saying. Or is This an English forum?????Should i proofread, and make drafts before i can submit it????I hope you dont rely on the Game Commissions Numbers to much. IF you look at The ''Numbers'' You will notice that we killed 700,00+ deer One year and the "Numbers" have Been decreasing since. Will they continue to add more tags to get they get thedeer kill down to under 300,000. We must not be doing our Job As hunters because we only killed 450,000 deer. We need to increase licenses. Sounds Great. That great management. Kill all the deer were you are allowed too, because you cant hunt deer were its posted--Make up for it.Thats great--That will produce more bucks...I see immature bucks breeding together and reproducing all the time..or do does Make Bucks??? No doe's no deer herd,,No bigger Bucks PERIOD. I would Like to see you guys hunt after the first day in game lands in Central PA were their is a high population of hunters.Tell me then that the game commission is doing a fine Job.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:57 PM
Fork Horn

Of course their is a high incident of car accidents with deer..Are Woods are highly fragmited. A deer has to cross roads to get to food,breed, or get water. Their natural tendencies are to walk around at beggining of sunset or sunset...or even wort at night when visibility is highly restricted

Old 09-26-2007, 05:09 PM
Fork Horn

They want to have 3-5 deer per square mile....Go to Valley forge where their is 260+ deer a square mile. DOnt get me wrong thats a lot of deer but not as many as you think.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:06 PM

Ive seen those deer over at Valley Forge at nite its amazing.Correct me if Im wrong you cant hunt them because its a National Park so in comes the sharpshooters.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:35 AM

Thanks for the laughs Mikepsu54.

Old 09-27-2007, 04:41 AM

ORIGINAL: mikepsu54

Of course their is a high incident of car accidents with deer..Are Woods are highly fragmited. A deer has to cross roads to get to food,breed, or get water. Their natural tendencies are to walk around at beggining of sunset or sunset...or even wort at night when visibility is highly restricted
I'm very sorry to question your credentials, but you don't seem to have graduated high school , let alone P.S.U.

"their" should be "there" , "Are" should be "Our" , "fragmited" should be "fragmented" , etc., etc.

I know several people at the P.S. Dubois campus that are Wildlife students and their school of thought is that the P.G.C. is correct in their management practice's.Penn State works closely with the P.G.C.
I am questioning weather you are what you say you are.
Do you have a B.S. from the U.S.P.?

Old 09-27-2007, 04:59 AM

I have to Agree with you archer58. This guy should not be taken seriusly. His posts are full of flaws onscholastic and practical levels.
He might have a BS degree though! [:'(]

Quick Reply: kill all deer in PA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.