Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 MD Opening Day Results!!! >

MD Opening Day Results!!!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

MD Opening Day Results!!!

Old 09-15-2007, 09:11 AM
Fork Horn

Default MD Opening Day Results!!!

Nope I didn't go out. I need to practice with the bow just a little bit more. Looks like a windy morning. I wouldn't have wanted to be in my treestand on a morning like this. On the other hand the temps dropped pretty good and were in the 50's and probably high 40's in some spots.

Anyone tag one today?
Old 09-15-2007, 01:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: MD Opening Day Results!!!

I was shooting at the range today at lake needwood and ran into a guy who was out this morning. He told me he missed a doe and a buck several times and was checking his rig to make sure everything was ok. This guy said he shot all of his arrows and had to wait until the deer left before he went to pick them up. He was all over the target at 20 yards even on the range. I suggested he practice a little more before he went back out to sling arrows at deer because it's only a matter of time until he wounds a few.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:23 PM
Typical Buck

No dead deer, but it was great to be back in the woods.
I saw 2 bucks and 2 doe just not close enough for a
shot. All in all a great day.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:10 PM
bigcountry

Saw a bunch of doe. But nothing with antlers. I was way too far in to shoot and drag a doe. Oh well, start of another season.

Old 09-15-2007, 10:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got off work early and headed out to hunt, got there and when I pulled in I busted two deer, don't know if they were bucks or does, didn't have my head lights on just the running lights and I could see then 40 yards from the front of my truck. The sat in my ground blind till 9 and didn't see anything, the wind picking up and the rain from last night didn't help at all. Saw a total of 6 deer this morning.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:26 AM

Had a good day saw 7 deer, 1 big 10pt but no shot opportunities. I did connect on a big doe later inthe evening, she came in at 22 yards and offered me a slight quartering away shot. I smoked her and she piled up 50 yards from my tree. Good day to be in the woods and a great start to the 07 season.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:16 PM

I saw lots of deer but nothing over a 4 point. I went behind my house (12 acres at the back of a small neighboorhood) yesterday morning....got in a little late, 630, but the rain had stopped.....saw 2 does and 2 spikes, had shots but let them walk....only stayed till 900. Hunted an old horse farm in the afternoon and it was so windy I didn't think I would see anything but had about a dozen come right by my stand starting at 5 until I got down at 8......all does, fawns, or spikers except for the one 4 point....fawns are still in full spots and spikes in full velvet....had shots on all of them but let 'em walk. The first doe I saw in the afternoon was really big, had to be over 130 lbs, she was missing half her left ear. She had a fawn with her still in spots or I would have taken her.....she caught my scent where I had entered the tree line from the field to get to my stand and looked right at me but didn't bust me.

Old 09-16-2007, 10:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

7 pt, 145 pounds in Dorchester county. This was the third buck I saw, first shooter, saw a bunch of does and fawns too...Not a bad way to start the season. I did get some good field photos and will post them when I get them downloaded.

Old 09-17-2007, 05:21 AM
Fork Horn

I went out in the morning, didn't see any deer but I did have fun watching5 turkey hens pass by under my stand.Typical story, see turkey during deer season,see deer during turkey season!

-Rick C.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:52 AM
Fork Horn

Was out at o dark thirty. Saw only one doe at about 50yds. She just walked back and forth taunting me. But was great to be back in the woods.

Quick Reply: MD Opening Day Results!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.