Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Cmere deer

Old 09-30-2007, 09:31 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Cmere deer

well i have used it and it has worked great for me,i used it to get pics over the summer. i found it really depends on the deer, two of the spots i put it they went fricken crazy the other it took them longer to use. i would try it but don't hunt over it
Old 09-30-2007, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

don't want to p*ss anyone off but, to me baiting deer is like shooting them at night with a light. Where's the sport in it.
a little off topic but this issue has been done to death.i think its just fustration from hunters that come from states that dont allow baiting or those who dont have the experience in the woods using bait and just dont have a clue. just get over it and stop bringing it up.it doesnt look good for the whole of hunting.i get your point but its silly to divide hunters over it. not using bait doesnt make you the harder better hunter .you will almost never kill a big trophy deer over bait.bait is a way to get deer to your area . hunting the trails coming into bait is where its at and is no different than hunting transition zones coming into an oak stand, corn field, or food plot. also i have never seen a deer use a mineral lick during my hunting season (september through jan.). by end of august they usually turn off. mineral licks help the general health of the herd. its also a fun way in the off months to get pictures with your trail camera without spooking them during the hunting season. minerals help with insect control, lactating doe-s and there antler developement.opening day of trout season in a stocked pond might be shooting fish in a barrel but baiting deer is far from that.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:04 AM
Typical Buck

Well said Liquidorange. we will never agree on baiting, so let's agree to disagree and move on.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

the place i hunt you almost need to bait, its SOO thick you cant see more than 50 yards anywhere, and the deer are very spooky, its extrelmy tough hunting, if someone could hunt in my shoes for 1 day they would see why i wish it was legal here.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

Where do you hunt? Its always thick this early. I hunt strictly hardwoods for northern(Adirondacks) and some spots i can't see more than 20 yards. got to find other ways of finding deer thats all, and it ain't easy, been hunting 12 years and have only killed 2 bucks up there 1 of which was 2 days ago.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:24 AM
Fork Horn

any type of baiting here in ny is illegal. any type of salt or mineral lick has to be picked up(if it is near your hunting area) before the season opens. if you want to hunt over a food sourse set up near a trail going or comeing from a field ie corn..alfalpha... soy ect... or near a old apple orchard... or scout for those acorn trees. the best part of hunting natural food sourse's is that it is free. good luck to you all this season.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:41 AM

I use mineral licks and corn feeders to keep deer in ourlittle 9 acre parsal. I do not hunt over the mineral licks or feeders I only hunt the trails going to an from them. Because it is leagle here and I have verry little ground to hunt why not. We keep one of the feeders 50 Yards from the house so we can enjoy and watch the deer from the deck while drinking the morning coffe. This allso seems to help keep them from raiding the garden. I mixed c'mere deer powder in with the last fill of one of my feeders that was used daily. They seem to have stopped feeding on it. This could be because we have ahuge amountof walnuts, eggcorns and pecans this year.

Just my two cents worth but I would just use corn!!!
Old 10-20-2007, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I guess I would probably bait if I could but I can't and I think there are a lot of guys who would if they could.
I guess if I had a chunk of land I could plant everthing from sugar beets to apples and every seed mix in between. At least then I wouldn't be baiting and violating the laws. Not sure what the difference is though.

I also think baiting may contribute to the spread of CWD and blue tounge but I'm just guessing.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:28 PM
Fork Horn

the reason they let us bait in NJ is to get the deer out of the unhuntable areas around housing developments, and other built up areas where the deer are land locked by the developers. We have deer piling up in areas that are just too close to peoples homes to go into and hunt. This was a tool given to try to knock our numbers down in urban areas.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:35 AM

baiting is for wusses no two if's and's or but's...thats just what it is....regardless if you're a new hunter or an experienced hunter. Like those huge farms in Texas using huge 50 gallon or bigger feeders is just rediculous...find a trail...sit on it and wait. not a big effin deal.

Quick Reply: Cmere deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.