Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Vanilla Extract :) >

Vanilla Extract :)

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Vanilla Extract :)

Old 10-15-2007, 01:10 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Vanilla Extract :)

north central//i take it u r in my area that i hunt...between exit 5-7 off turnpike...and i hunt in hammonton.
i am going to try the vanilla very soon...like in the moring...i need a north wind...wnw mondy...north by thursday i
think

Old 10-15-2007, 05:21 AM

i use it the same way, and have for alot of years,i've had several different kind of animals come in on my location searching for it.its cheap and it works. great for a cover scent and also an attractant.
ORIGINAL: kevin1

I use it on Scent Bombs or unscented tampons(no kidding), diluting it 50/50 with spring water is a good idea since it has a very strong scent. Vanilla simulates the scent of white oak acorns.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:42 PM
Fork Horn

so could i put some vanilla out in the morning before light and possibly see deer off it that morning? or does it need to soak in like other scents and attractants? thanks
Old 10-16-2007, 12:38 AM
Typical Buck

i put peanut butter on a stick once and had a squirrel on it in 4 mins yes u could, but it might not happen like that, use an attractant and have deer on it quickly...rare...but possible..
Old 10-16-2007, 08:28 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: geterdun3

so could i put some vanilla out in the morning before light and possibly see deer off it that morning? or does it need to soak in like other scents and attractants? thanks
That's pretty much what I do, and if the scent wick stays up the smell will carry even further as the day passes. The nice thing about wicks is that you can move them, can't do that with an attractant that gets poured on the ground. Another trick I use is to fill a thermos with steaming hot apple cider and leave the pour through stopper open just enough so that the steam is barely visible, deer can smell it from a long way off.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

ok, i went out, sans camera. (that means "without" for some of ya)

put it right in the middle of a trail 20 yards in front of me. out of the 11 deer i saw, 3 stopped and smelled it, one knocked over my scent bomb, and 8 just walked right by it.

all three that stopped were does, except one that was a button buck.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:54 PM
Typical Buck

thanks for the review i am planning to use as a scent bomb and on my drag rag i havent usd it yet.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

didnt see your previous post todd. im huntin zone 13 and 12. but mostly 13.

you're way south of me.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:34 PM

whats a scent bomb im new to hunting so i dont know everything, and where can you buy the scent bombs?
Old 10-17-2007, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kingnn93

whats a scent bomb im new to hunting so i dont know everything, and where can you buy the scent bombs?
a Scent Bomb is a product made by Tinks. its basically an orange plastic bottle (small, like a small vitamin bottle) with a lid and an unscented wick inside. you put scent on the wick, whether it be vanilla extract or urine, pull up the wick and use it to attract deer. then, at the end of the day, push the wick back inside and close it up to bring it home wit u. you can normally get them at any sporting goods store or walmart. they're pretty popular.

pic:

by the way, i like your signature.

Quick Reply: Vanilla Extract :)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.