Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 NEW JERSEY $$$$$$$$PAY FOR A BUCK. ITS ABOUT TIME!!! >

NEW JERSEY $$$$$$$$PAY FOR A BUCK. ITS ABOUT TIME!!!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NEW JERSEY $$$$$$$$PAY FOR A BUCK. ITS ABOUT TIME!!!

Old 09-03-2007, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NEW JERSEY $$$$$$$$PAY FOR A BUCK. ITS ABOUT TIME!!!

iquidorange, on the plus side with all that paper in your back tag it should make a nice cushion while sitting up against a tree.
hunting has become the sport of the rich in this state. they are driving people away for sure. funny thing is that i remember a time when it was called the extended archery season. now it is permit archery. if the state started charging for a a seperate spring and fall trout stamp or fishing license there would be outrage. in my hunting zone i get less than one month of regular archery then i gotta pay again to get 3 more weeks.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: NEW JERSEY $$$$$$$$PAY FOR A BUCK. ITS ABOUT TIME!!!

u can take a buck fall bow without paying 28$..but all permit seasons require u paying....if i read
it correctly last night
Old 11-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Spike

ah man this is real cool finnally we have this at our disposal thank you for posting great news !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Livingston county killer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-11-2010, 08:49 AM
Fork Horn

Unreal. I lived and hunted in NJ from age 14-24. I moved to Maryland and it is so much better as far as license goes. I believe I pay about $36 and that covers archery, muzzleloader and shotgun from September-January. My father still lives in NJ and I would have bet $1 million that he'd never stop hunting. Well since I moved he barely goes anymore and didn't even buy a license this year. All of that money is just insane. He just bow hunts and when I hear these rules, I cant really blame him. Instead of spending that money in nj, he just comes down to Maryland and hunts with me a week or so a year to get his fix.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:33 AM
Fork Horn

I moved out of N.J back in '97 and still go back to bowhunt and gun hunt every year. I just can't walk away from the property i've been hunting for 38 years no matter how much it costs in license and permit fees, but it is getting very expensive. $135 apiece for a bow and firearm license, $28 for an extended archery permit and $28 for a buck permit, $28 for a muzzleloader permit and another $28 for a buck permit, for a grand total of $382. I must be crazy! Thank God I don't have to pay for the property I hunt on.

I'll most likely keep going back until my parents are no longer living. I stay at their house...and litterally hunt right behind the house on about 100 acres...so I am able to hunt and also visit my folks at the same time. My Dad is 80 years old and still goes out buck week. Mom used to hunt, but gave it up 2 years ago.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

the funny thing is we are having a bear hunt this year, when we applied it cost $2.00 with no mention of additional fees, well all successful hunters got info that they can purchase their tags next week. Purchase? well from my understanding the cost is $28.00, no big deal for me and many others, but if your going to charge people tell them upfront
Old 11-13-2010, 01:55 AM
Fork Horn

One change I would like to see pushed in NJ is your license's to be valid for the season instead of the end of the year. For me being a non-resident, that really hurts in the wallet right after Christmas. I've lived in Delaware and now PA, and both states hunting license's are valid through the season. Don't understand why NJ couldn't be setup the same.
Old 11-26-2010, 04:46 PM
Fork Horn

I thought the idea of DMZs was to manage the herd in a specific location. Why do they no longer restrict the # of permits GREED If they want/need more money just charge more the extra buck tag is just disgusting. I wont stop me from hunting but I limit the # of zones instead of an 18 and 51 I just get a 51
Old 11-26-2010, 05:17 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Surf62
liquidorange, on the plus side with all that paper in your back tag it should make a nice cushion while sitting up against a tree.

NJ and NY will milk you dry eventually.

Paul
Heck NY raised their non resident big game license to $140 talk about sticker shock when the teller told me that and I thought $110 last year was a bit much. They won't be happy till either the woods will be filled with poachers or the extra money from out of stater's stop.