Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 NEW JERSEY $$$$$$$$PAY FOR A BUCK. ITS ABOUT TIME!!! >

NEW JERSEY $$$$$$$$PAY FOR A BUCK. ITS ABOUT TIME!!!

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NEW JERSEY $$$$$$$$PAY FOR A BUCK. ITS ABOUT TIME!!!

Old 09-02-2007, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default NEW JERSEY $$$$$$$$PAY FOR A BUCK. ITS ABOUT TIME!!!

NOT!!!!!!!! i wonder what rocket scientist came up with the new pay for a buck permit system. i now have to go back down to that stupid never seems to work computer at wally world and surrender my wallet again. i can understand the state needing more money as usual but why complicate things. just charge more for the general permit and include the harvesting of one antlered deer. i highly doubt hunters will be buying extended archery permits, and such just to hunt doe-s especially in the peak of the rut. it just makes little scense. they should just call everything a doe permit then. they didnt touch the buckshot 2 buck limit though.guess they didnt want to piss the clubs off. if they want more money once again the average hunter has to pay. why not include fees to the other type users of the gamelands. i see mountain bikers, horseback riders, illegal quad riders all the time. why not shake someone else down. how about getting money from the auto insurance companies who we hunters do a big service for. i think there gonna find this will not raise any more money doing it this way. i have already vowed to purchase one less permit this year to send a message. im up over 200$ in extra fees. its just too much!. they should be out trying to recruit new users of the resources. to keep charging the already over paying hunters is not the way to do it.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NEW JERSEY $$$$$$$$PAY FOR A BUCK. ITS ABOUT TIME!!!

also last years deer harvest was the worst since 99. im so tired of a state that says look at how many deer you can shoot. just keep buying permits because we certainly will sell you as many as you want. the state is like that plant in little shop of horrors. FEED ME- FEED ME- $$$$$$$
Old 09-02-2007, 05:57 PM
Fork Horn

What permit are you referring to? I guess this doesn't affect my zone because I haven't seen it this.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

any permit bow-shotgun-muzzleloader.if you want a buck you will need to pay and extra 28$ for each permit.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

im not totally against paying a little more but my hunting license holder is gonna explode like george costanzas wallet if i put one more thing in it. they just need to simplify. my last running count was. -ONE FIREARM LICENSE, ONE SHOTGUN PERMIT PLUS(NOW AN EXTRA BUCK TAG) XS-2 -ONE ARCHERY LICENSE- ONE EXTENDED ARCHERY PLUS BUCK PERMIT. 2 MUZZLELOADER PERMIT PLUS A BUCK PERMIT. ONE RIFLE PERMIT. ONE COYOTE PERMIT. THE list just keeps getting bigger[:'(]
Old 09-02-2007, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

So I guess I'll have to buy one for Ft. Dix if I get chosen for the lottery.

Take most of those, add Monmouth County permit, Ft. Dix permit, and every NY permit available... that's back tag!
Old 09-02-2007, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here it is simply put: You purchase a archery permit, muzzleloader permit, and a shotgun permit for $28 each, this allows antlerless deer only, if you would like to include a buck tag with these permits it will cost you another $28 for each of the 3 seasons, but you must purchase the buck tags either with your permit(s) or purchase before the permit season starts, you WILL NOT be allowed to purchase the buck tags after the season starts
Old 09-02-2007, 07:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Only in NJ. I couldn't get out fast enough when I retired. Never hunted there in the 10 years I had to live there. This is the reason why. It was cheaper for me to hunt Md as a non resident.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:10 PM
Fork Horn

liquidorange, on the plus side with all that paper in your back tag it should make a nice cushion while sitting up against a tree.

NJ and NY will milk you dry eventually.

Paul
Old 09-02-2007, 09:06 PM
Typical Buck

i thought during the first season...sept 8th u had a doe and buck tag...take doe first??

Quick Reply: NEW JERSEY $$$$$$$$PAY FOR A BUCK. ITS ABOUT TIME!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.