Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Maryland Bow Season 2007 Reports/Rants/Check-In Etc. >

Maryland Bow Season 2007 Reports/Rants/Check-In Etc.

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Maryland Bow Season 2007 Reports/Rants/Check-In Etc.

Old 09-14-2007, 12:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Maryland Bow Season 2007 Reports/Rants/Check-In Etc.

Alright with a little more than 12 hours to go until most of us would get up to get ready for the opener... how many people are def stepping foot into the woods tomorrow?

I am still on the fence. I have never been a warm weather hunter, but opening day is quite hard to pass up. I'd much rather prefer hunting 50-60, but I'll be keeping my eye on the weather until tonight. Was just trying to get a head count. Hmmm, if we had enough people, it would be fun to have our own little Maryland Group Competition or something like there is on the main forums.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:07 PM
Fork Horn

I am definitly in. Can't resist an opening day. May just go for the morning though.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:06 PM

I will be out for sure. It could be 100 degrees tomorrow and I would still be out for at least acouple of hours in the morning. With temps in the 70's and 10mph breeze it will a perfect September day to hunt.

Good luck everyone and be safe!!!!!!
Old 09-14-2007, 03:18 PM

I will be out for sure, just went out and checked my corn and my stand. Cant wait till 5 tommorw morning!
Old 10-07-2007, 07:58 AM
Fork Horn

How has the Maryland bow season been going for all of the local MD'rs? In the past month, I have only been able to get out on one morning and saw 5, but was unable to take any shots. This weather has been rather ridiculous and looks like its supposed to be near 90 today. Hopefully cooler air moves in for next weekend.

I'd have been out this past Saturday, but was bit by my roommates Husky Thurs night, resulting in a hospital trip and a heavily bandaged release hand. [:@] Hopefully its healed enough where I can get in the woods this week or Saturday. So how has everyone been doing?
Old 10-07-2007, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hammy, hope you get better soon! The season has good to me considering I only have had a chance to hunt opening day so far, and on that day saw 3 does and 3 bucks and shot the biggest buck I saw. Plus I know there have been a few monsters killed already.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:47 AM
Fork Horn

Got out this morning on what was a perfect morning with regards to weather. It was finally cold enough before and after sunrise that you could see your breath! Had three does come in at 715a approximately 40-50 yards away where they browsed and then left the area. Around 745a, one of the smaller does came back towards me and eventually passed broadside at 20 yards. I drew back with the bow and let her fly, hitting both lungs, where she ran about 50 yards before piling up next to a big deadfall. All in all, it was a great morning out in the woods. Hope some others had some luck! I'll try and get the one picture I have on here later on.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I took two nice does in the first 20 minutes I was in my stand Thursday afternoon. Rickmur hunted with me Fri and Sat and took a nice doe Saturday. There are new rubs and scrapes all over the woods now and the smaller bucks are really giving the does a hard time. The cooler weather REALLY helped a lot.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

And I might add to DaveH's post that they were some very grueling drags.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:15 AM

Hey guys I would not even leave stands out on private land. I had a stand stollen on private farm that I access to and allso had one stollen of my own land.

I had back surgery first week os Septemeber and have not been able to Bow Hunt yet this year. I have however been out scouting quite a bit as I am required to walk as much as possible. Both pieces of private land I hunt I have noticed that the deer have been really concentrated in the low wetlands that are usaully swamp like but since the weather has been so dry the are pretty dry and accesable without wadding in mud but usauly have some water or a wet whole. I hope this helps.

Good luck!!!