Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Rattling (Bad Experience) >

Rattling (Bad Experience)

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Rattling (Bad Experience)

Old 09-04-2007, 11:07 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Rattling (Bad Experience)

Thanks for all the info. I rattled really loud because the deer was pretty far and it was windy. That may have scared him.

On a different note I had good results last year with the Buck Bomb but I was thinking of trying the Tinks 69 this year during the rut.I will still use the Buck Bomb but i figured i would try something new. The Buck Bomb last year brought mostly does to me no bucks.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:11 AM

Default RE: Rattling (Bad Experience)

I hope the deer gods bless me this year with a bruizer! LOL.

As for the buck bomb, tried it two years ago with no luck, could have been operator error I'm sure.

I've taken on the stance of no scents. I'm fortunate enough to own my own land, so I can scout and pattern deer activity pretty good now, combined with plenty of habitat improvements to predict deer movement.

I go overboard with scent control, but last year when I had six deer surrounding me within 10 yards at ground level, I praised the Scent Blocker Gods for giving me such an opportunity to be that close. Was able to smell the deer and listen to them chow on the Brassic plot I planted, snapping the heads off the plant. However, wasn't able to move to take a shot, it was so exciting that I thought my heart was going to EXPLODE!!!

I am going to experiment with mock scrapes this year, heading out next week to make a few. Will see if this produces any curosity during daylight hours since I am an all day hunter (most of the time, well almost most of the time, well OK a few times, but this year I'm determed to stay put!) LOL.

Ooops, can't forget that I'm trying Peter Fiduccia's "Decoy" Apple lure either. Since most of my apple trees drop in Oct., thought of trying the fake apples and scent combo to see if any big buck might want some candy in Nov. Will post the results next year on both the apples and mock scrapes.