Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Massachusetts Bow Hunters? >

Massachusetts Bow Hunters?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Massachusetts Bow Hunters?

Old 09-27-2007, 04:23 PM

Default RE: Massachusetts Bow Hunters?

I am also from western ma and have been hunting CT for the last couple weeks. i thought i had some really nice state land all scouted out, lots of trail camera pics from a spot under an apple tree. and then i stayed out completely for the last week before the opener on saturday 9/15. just to come to my stand opening mourning to not find my trail camera where i left it and then i hunted that stand all day sat,mon,and tues and seen one deer 50 yds in brush, when i was seeing 7 different deer every mourning on the cam for weeks before that. tough luck i guess.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:53 PM
Fork Horn

Tribute,

It has been slow for me as well. I hunted opening and one other evening. Just to darn hot to hunt. I will be back at it tomorrow when it cools down. Good luck. Hopefully your trail cam was not stolen. There seems to be a lot of that going around these days.

HH
Old 10-02-2007, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I still can't believe the rest of the world is hunting and I'm just scratching myself waiting.Two more weeks of waiting is gonna kill me. Using the time to hang a couple of Loggy Bayou cheap seats. Boy I wish they still made them. $39.00 so it never mattered if I left them out year round or if someone pinched one.
PS.. Extra doe tags on line 10/9 @ 12:01 AM
I should have hunted CT... I even had a few little parcels I could have hunted.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:37 AM
Fork Horn

On occasion, just too busy these days
Old 10-03-2007, 11:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

I haven't hunted CT yet this year...
My buddies are doing well.
Between the 2 of them, 3 bucks (5 & 2 8 points... one beauty).. and 2 does.. plus 2 wounded (both 6 points).1 wound was a shoulder shot... the other I do not know the details of.
I hope to get out next week w/ them!
Old 10-06-2007, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Feeling really good about some of my stands. Found a shed off a 12pt yesturday at one of my later season spots and found a BIG 8 pt shed at anothera couple a weeks ago. Both were chewed up a bit but these deer had the nerve to shed them within shooting range of my trees. Silly deer although I did not see either of those bucks last year.
As a side note, both those sheds were found in areas (small) that I can smell bacon cooking and hear the school bus picking up kids a few 100 yards away. Big deer do like those little chunks of woods.
Clock is ticking guys..see yuh in the woods.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:48 PM

Just catching up with this thread, Zone 11 should be great this yr. Found a couple of new stands near mine, but no one touched my set up so thats a relief. Are you guys hunting any where near Danielson, CT? Friend of mine lives out there and offered to show me around, I just havn't had time to take him up on the offer. Pheasants on Sat and Deer on Mon, here we go.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:15 PM

I'm looking good for next week I'm holding 2 doe tags for 14 as well as my 2 antlered.

I'm going F@$%ing Crazy sitting in my office counting down unable to focus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! !!!
Fever Spreading! Must Hunt Soon!!!!!!
Old 10-13-2007, 09:58 AM

Missed a pheasant and a woodcockfirst thing this morning ----- now thats out of my system so its time to stare at the wall until Monday morning.