Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Here comes the annual WHO'S GETTING STOKED thread >

Here comes the annual WHO'S GETTING STOKED thread

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Here comes the annual WHO'S GETTING STOKED thread

Old 08-09-2007, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Here comes the annual WHO'S GETTING STOKED thread

I bought my license mon. and have been shooting my bow every day for the last 2 weeks... I'm ready... I'm putting all my arrows in a tennis ball size group at 20 yards with broadheads... Don't think I'll have any prob at 10ft from the base of my tree!!!Should be lights out
Old 08-09-2007, 02:33 PM

Im ready to go come on Oct 15.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:35 PM

October 13th will be here before you know it! I guess I'm a little stoked. I stopped off at our local archery shop today when I was out cruising on my motorcycle. I entered the "Big Buck" contest just for the heck of it. I haven't seen any real killers yet. A few nice ones, but no real slobs!
Ask me the same question in about 10 weeks and you'll get a totally different response.

Try waiting until Oct 13th to start deer hunting and have only 5 weeks to bow hunt! I've been ready for a month.
Only 5 weeks eh? I guess that's enough. I know other states are a little more liberal, but I usually get it done somewhere within those 5 weeks! More would be nice though. And don't forget that late season!

Don't Wish Away Time!
J-Bow
Old 08-09-2007, 03:53 PM

same here, cant wait. wish i had some private land, but im going to make the best of the public land i hunt and really try to get a nice buck. i have yet to kill a decent bucks, jus does and one button. im on the prowl this year
Old 08-14-2007, 05:27 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah its starting to hit me pretty hard, cant wait to get in the woods. I have about 10 deer coming into my yard every afternoon. Ofcourse they are off limits, cause i live in town and my wife would kill me if i shot one. There are like 5 bucks and a few does and fawns. Everytime i watch them i have to fight the urge to lauch a gold tip down through the field behind a shoulder blade. Starting to watch the outdoor channel like crazy and stare into the woods on my way to work. Is it fall yet?
Old 08-14-2007, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey man look at the brite side of hunting only public land... It will make you a better hunter in the long run
Old 08-16-2007, 08:43 AM

Pa Hunter has to wait until Sept 29th, BUUUUTTTT i am going to eastern Montana and will be hunting for deer and pronghorns the week of 9/17.

4+ weeks and counting.

Old 08-17-2007, 07:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Eat your heart out. Over here in Delaware I'll be out Sept 1, but I'll be somewhere in Md two weeks after that.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:26 PM
Typical Buck

I Start getting pumped around Holloween.. The first 2weeks of November Madness..OH BABY..