HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   Anyone know if this is true? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/196604-anyone-know-if-true.html)

Windwalker7 07-05-2007 06:11 PM

Anyone know if this is true?

A coworker of mine told me that it will be legal to carry a handgun this year during the archery season in PA as long as you have a Concealed Carry Permit.

I never read anything onit, Ijust heard this guy talking about it at work.

Anyone in the know?

Rickmur 07-05-2007 06:46 PM

RE: Anyone know if this is true?

I dought itto be truebut they they do some strange things in Pa:(:D

RonM 07-05-2007 07:27 PM

I doubt very much you can carry it concealed, Pa has a handgun permit for deer hunting, but it specifies not to carry it concealed,

rybohunter 07-05-2007 07:58 PM

It is absolutely true. Its a new law that passed this winter. There is a big ruckus over in the bowhunting area about it.
Go to the game commission site, hit laws & regs on the left and then wildlife code, skip down some and it will be there.

livbucks 07-05-2007 08:37 PM

They never had any jurisdiction in the first place on this issue. I suspect that they are just amending a mistake that they made long ago.

conner_condor 07-06-2007 05:01 AM

ORIGINAL: livbucks

They never had any jurisdiction in the first place on this issue. I suspect that they are just amending a mistake that they made long ago.
Absolutely right.

DougE 07-06-2007 08:40 AM

It is true.I believe it became effective around the end of january.It was a stupid law to begin with.If the state sees me mentaly competant to pack heat in the grocery store,why can't I do it while hunting.

Prozacaddict 07-06-2007 12:15 PM

Ohio and WV are the same too. If you have a permit to carry CCW, then you are allowed to carry it as defense during bow and gun season. I have always CCW during Bow Season.

livbucks 07-06-2007 12:30 PM

ORIGINAL: DougE

It is true.I believe it became effective around the end of january.It was a stupid law to begin with.If the state sees me mentaly competant to pack heat in the grocery store,why can't I do it while hunting.
Because the GC assumes you are a criminal until proven otherwise and that you will use it in an unlawful manner to take wildlife while bowhunting. I carry matches in the woods. Does that make me an arsonist?
Bullet holes would look suspicious on a supposed bowkilled deer. I would be more accurate with the bow than the handgun probably.

DougE 07-06-2007 12:40 PM

This was never a PGC issue.It was a legislative issue.