Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

windmills

Old 06-16-2007, 07:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default windmills

A local group is attempting to stop the installation of windmills that will be within 2 miles of where I do a great deal of rifle hunting. Have any of you run into an area where windmills have been installed is it a legitimate concern?

www.ShafferMountain.com
Old 06-16-2007, 07:39 PM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: windmills

Yes, a small town out side of buffalo ny, has eight of them no problems.There quite and nice site there about 480ft. tall.They did a story about them on NBC monday.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:29 PM
Fork Horn

The big problem they are concerned about is water run off from what I gather; there are 3 trout streams in the area as well as swamps. Out towns drinking water is supplied from wells on that mountain the water run off from the pad area and roads they say will pollute the streams with silt. I was told that the hunting safety zone is ½ mile in all directions. I don’t know if the concerns voiced are legitimate or just a land owner who is afraid of land value deprecation. It’s rumored that the founder of the group wanted more than the 5,000 per windmill (20,000 for 4 on his land) and when he did not get it he was hell bent on stopping it. His land would be worthless who would want land so close to such an eye sore. But like I said I don’t know it to be fact it’s just what some folks have said
Old 06-18-2007, 07:45 AM

We have them all around. Heck, I hunted so close to one year before last I was in the shadow in the evening sun. No problems at all except the property value issue, that would be a concern.

Old 06-18-2007, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd love to have one of my own to power my own house with!
Old 06-19-2007, 12:51 PM
Fork Horn

I'd like to have one to somehow charge my truck instead of buying gas!! I think they are a great alternative for electric production.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

great idea and makes everyone feel warm inside but its all about where they put them and whos land and who makes the money off them. i see shady back room meetings with land deals. the average guy will stay pay through the nose for energy.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:19 AM
Fork Horn

From an inside source with a power company I hear those things are money machines. They pay for themselves in under a year and just are very profitable. Unfortunatley the people who have to look at them do not get any of this cash. I like the idea of a cleaner power source but the comunities they are in should get a break maybe or something.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:17 AM

Yep, being installed in PA. The area was horrible to hunt. However, we found some woods that were about 1000 yards away. Best hunting we saw in years. Deer were everywhere. They migrated from the windmill fields down to a "safe" canyon. We cleaned up down there and hit the jackpot. Check your area maps for safe ridges, post there and enjoy!
Old 06-22-2007, 07:48 AM

anyone here lease to one of these companies? I am looking into this now & trying to find some contacts

Quick Reply: windmills

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.