Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Story published in PA game news. >

Story published in PA game news.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Story published in PA game news.

Old 05-17-2007, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Story published in PA game news.

I didn't know where else to post this but I just found out a story I wrote is getting published in the June edition of the Pa game news !!!!! If any of you Pa guys get it check it out. I titled it "A Hunter is Born" but I don't know if they'll keep that or not. Either way the author will be Eric Droege Jr. If you do read it I hope you all enjoy it. I just had to share because I'm pretty excited about it.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Story published in PA game news.

I have been getting the Game News for years and read most of the articles especially like the " field notes" from the Wardens. I would more than likely read your article , but thanks lfor the heads-up leting me know it is by you.....
Old 05-17-2007, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats awesome!!! I'll be sure to check it out.

What steps did you have to go through to have it published? I've thought about sending a few of mine in, but I wasn't exactly sure how to do it.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:44 PM

Cool Deal congratulations. I look forward to reading it
Old 05-18-2007, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PA Bow/Flinter

Thats awesome!!! I'll be sure to check it out.

What steps did you have to go through to have it published? I've thought about sending a few of mine in, but I wasn't exactly sure how to do it.
I just e-mailed it to Bob Mitchell who is the editor for the game news. I told him I wrote a story and would appreciate it if he could take the time to read it and let me know what he thought and if it would be a good article for the game news. If you want I can PM you his e-mail address and you could send a few in? Just let me know.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats. That's pretty cool. My Dad had several articles printed in there over the years. He was a HTE instructor for around 20 years and did many stories on introducing young hunters and safety.

Always cool to see your name in print.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats!!
Old 05-23-2007, 11:14 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats. Getting your first article published is really exciting. I got my start by luck too, off-hand talk with an editor. Next thing you know, three years have gone by, and I have nearly 200 articles printed, including several national publications.

Keep at it on your spare time, and you can earn some play money for hunting. That's what I do.

Again, congrats!
Old 05-23-2007, 06:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

How about that!.........I JUST finished reading that story maybe 15 minutes ago! No lie.
I have been a subscriber to Game News forever and love it.
Congrats on your first published story it was a very good read and very well written!
I would have shot the deer personally but..............LOLI take it that it was a fictional piece based upon some real life experiences?
Very cool, and congrats again, you'll wear out that first copy that its in opening and closing it over and over, so make sure you buy yourself about a dozen. No joke, buy a BUNCH in a few years you'll thank me that you did.

Do me a favor and shoot me that info, I actually had some ideas for a couple Game News submissions myself.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

It was a good story, sure have a way with words to make it sound a lot better, Like Matt I would have had to take that big boy,,,,, Congrats on the getting in the Game News , I read alll the stories and took my game news over to a friend who has a Model T and showed him the Fred Bear T and from across the room he said I can see the picture and it's a 14, could tell by yhe front windshield , his is an 11.... So the June issue is getting a lot of use already.....

Quick Reply: Story published in PA game news.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.