Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Bow season Pa??

Old 05-03-2007, 07:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Bow season Pa??

Did I hear right?Bow will be open right up to the Saturday before Rifle season opens?
Old 05-03-2007, 08:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bow season Pa??

I don't know if it's approved yet, but yes does only. It will also open 2 weeks earlier with a doe only season.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:31 AM

i think that was only in the areas around pittsburgh and philly
Old 05-03-2007, 06:32 PM
Fork Horn

Did this pass? They were discussing it but I didn't hear if it passed in the April Meeting.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yes. An early bow season starting in the middle of September and another "extended" bowseason between the end of the regular bow season and the beginning of rifle season has been passed for special regulation areas. I paid attention to the part mentioned about 5C but I am not sure of the other special reg areas in the state. I do know it is "doe only" during those extensions.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

[:@][:@][:@] i wont be out there during the peak of the rut...to DOE hunt. thats enough to kill someone..."hey...you sit in your stand and watch the bucks run mad...but you can only shoot the does"

i dont think them seasons will have much pressure or impact though...could be a good time to bring home some meat i suppose...

eww man early sept...no thanks...them bugs will eat you alive...if you aint sweatin and smellin up the woods and scarrin everything away...and arent being sprayed unknowingly by dove hunters....i know id have that problem...noone ever used to dove hunt...now they are all over our fields..i like to join them..
Old 05-07-2007, 07:18 AM

yea i hunted down in va for doe only 2 weeks before their bow opener. It was hot but no buggy. Had a little 8 point walk by me and i watched him in the binos for about 20 minutes. Had a doe come into bow range and drew back on her but my limb was hitting and upper branch I forgot to trim.....needless i hunted the stand and two more times and deer sightings dropped each time....i would rather it stay the same especially in the 5c area because the early season doe hunters will put down a lot of scent and change the pattern of the bucks before the opener[:@]
Old 05-09-2007, 09:21 PM

The proposed bow season extentions were for special reg. aresa only around Pitts/Philly. I remember 3 WMU's mentioned. Don't remember which ones.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:33 AM

prob 5C, 5D and 2A or B
Old 05-18-2007, 07:54 AM

At that time of the year I'll be hunting for a muture buck ,that means I'll be in another state,Pa. needs to get with the program. Does only ,whats up with that? Why would Pa. have such a restricted bow season.Last year I spent around 30 days bow hunting and not one dayin my home state of Pa.

[/align]

Quick Reply: Bow season Pa??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.