Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA HOUSE BILL 819....inlines in the flintlock season.................. >

PA HOUSE BILL 819....inlines in the flintlock season..................

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA HOUSE BILL 819....inlines in the flintlock season..................

Old 03-28-2007, 05:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default PA HOUSE BILL 819....inlines in the flintlock season..................

ok all you PA members we got a fight on our hands....there's the HOUSE BILL 819 that's going to allow inlines to be used in our flintlock only season....PA is the only state that has a flintlock only season going right now that brings us back to a time that made this country what it is today....if you want to lose that connection do nothing or start flooding them with emails to stop it from happening....here's a list of email addresses of PA House Fish and Gameries Committee members....i'm doing my part who's going to follow or just complain about it happening....so far emails that have gotten back to me from our reps, are going to vote it down....but it's not relax time yet............bob

Republicans:
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected] ;

Democrats:
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];

No. 819 Session of 2007

[hr]
[/align] INTRODUCED BY DENLINGER, CALTAGIRONE, CAPPELLI, COX, GEIST, GINGRICH, GODSHALL, HARRIS, HENNESSEY, HERSHEY, KAUFFMAN, KORTZ, MENSCH, MILLARD, PALLONE, PICKETT, RAPP, READSHAW, REICHLEY, ROCK, ROHRER, SCAVELLO, SIPTROTH, SONNEY AND STERN, MARCH 19, 2007

[hr]
[/align] REFERRED TO COMMITTEE ON GAME AND FISHERIES, MARCH 19, 2007

[hr]
[/align] AN ACT 1 Amending Title 34 (Game) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated 2 Statutes, further providing for regulations of the 3 Pennsylvania Game Commission. 4 The General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania 5 hereby enacts as follows: 6 Section 1. Section 2102(b)(1) of Title 34 of the 7 Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes is amended to read: 8 ยง 2102. Regulations. 9 * * * 10 (b) Seasons, possession, bag limits and devices.-- 11 (1) The commission shall promulgate regulations relating 12 to seasons and bag limits for hunting or furtaking, the 13 possession of certain species or parts thereof, the number 14 and types of devices and equipment allowed, the 15 identification of devices and the use and possession of 16 devices. 17 The regulations relating to any season for hunting with flintlock muzzleloader firearms shall also allow hunting with in-line muzzleloader firearms. * * * 1 Section 2. This act shall take effect in 60 days.

- Mar 19, 2007 - Referred to House Game and Fisheries.

Old 03-28-2007, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PA HOUSE BILL 819....inlines in the flintlock season..................

I have nothing against inlines being used in regular firearms season but I'm dead set against ruining the primitive season we have. Burn this bill.

Old 03-28-2007, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PA HOUSE BILL 819....inlines in the flintlock season..................

Burn this and the all day turkey hunting.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Personally, like you guys, I like our primitive flintlock muzzleloader season and would like to see it stay just the way it is but, from a deer management standpoint, is there scientific backup for our position or is it just a personal preference?A whole lotta states seem to allow inlines with no apparent adverse effects?!?!?!?
Old 03-28-2007, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

The late season has a special lore to it, being out there with such a primitive weapon, just one shot, if that. The solitude of it. The season did little as a management tool, but had great reward for someone who put forth the effort to learn the art of flintlock. Inlines are not verydifferent than a single shot rifle and are almost as reliable. This change would certainly sell a ton of inlines to PA hunters, so the lobby that is pushing this will do great. I'm afraid that the uniqueness of the late flintlock hunt will then be lost to a second wave of the orange army. I may be off base here, but those are my concerns. I'm all for compromise, so maybe have the first week for flint only and then open it up to whatever, but preserve some kind of primitive only hunt, for the future. My $.02 is spent.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:15 PM
Fork Horn

it's not the sales of inlines but the extra chance to shoot a deer other then the regular season, but don't we have less deer already to hunt as it seems by everyone on these forums....if people want more time tohunt withthere inlines hunt with them in the regular season like i do with my flintlock, period....i sold all my centerfire rifles and only hunt with flintlock, i find it much more rewarding hunting with a rifle i've built with my own hands, can't say that with an inline....sure i could kill any deer at 150 + yards that don't know i'm there....but there's something bout harvasting a deer with 40 yards that has a clue that something isn't right with there surroundings, but aren't quite sure your there aiming at there vitals after counting there eye lashes....so far all the reps that emailed me back are flintlocj hunters also and will vote no to inlines in flintlock season................bob
Old 03-29-2007, 01:48 AM
Typical Buck

Personally: im all for the use of inlines during the late season,,from my experience i cant see where a guy with a flintlock has any disadvantage from a guy with a t/c encore and a scope,,their both frontstuffers and they both require load development to be accurate and consistent. I feel like we have enough gov't telling us what we can and cant do when it comes to hunting and i think it is a personal preference what gun you use to hunt with!
Old 03-29-2007, 05:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: rem700man

Personally: im all for the use of inlines during the late season,,from my experience i cant see where a guy with a flintlock has any disadvantage from a guy with a t/c encore and a scope,,their both frontstuffers and they both require load development to be accurate and consistent. I feel like we have enough gov't telling us what we can and cant do when it comes to hunting and i think it is a personal preference what gun you use to hunt with!
You've obviously never hunted with a flintlock. They are far more fickle when it comes to ignition, especially indamp weather. Forget them on really rainy days. They even get tempermental on the coldest days. Powder is pretty much limited to blackpowder and they have nowhere near the effective range of some of the tricked out inlines available today. Lets face it, some todays inlines are single shot high powered rifles.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think when we make the case to legislators, we need to leave the deer management aspect alone. The flintlock season should stay as it is purely because there are adequate ways to control the deer herd within our current seasons and the late season is the least desirable time for herd management.

I think we have the right to simply ask thatthey leave things as they are because of the unique nature of the season and the experience.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Kind of reminds me a lot how bow season evolved to what it is today.....Longbows and recurves at first...followed by the ever-evolving compounds, % let-offs, and now the crossbow for those so enabled...The purists and traditionalists argued against the compound, and felt that their way was the only way archery was meant to be.
The bill will probably be defeated if traditionalists are writing the governing personnel in that regard, and there is little or no support for it from pro-inline hunters. Just my $.02.

Quick Reply: PA HOUSE BILL 819....inlines in the flintlock season..................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.