Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 pgc deer report is in >

pgc deer report is in

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

pgc deer report is in

Old 03-18-2007, 09:26 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: pgc deer report is in

How long before someone claims the numbers to be "fabricated"? I give it 48 hours max!

If any of you boys think these numbers are even close I have a 10000ft. mountain top in Cameron Co. for sell cheap, first come first serve.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not seeing any over-analyzing here,just discussion on the numbers which is the best they can do as long as lazy ass hunters don't report.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Pawildman

Why do I continue to hunt 2G for deer? Simple. I'm still continuing to fill tags there. You've got to learn to adapt to changes. Seasons, deer densities, timbering, exclosure fences, etc., etc. The only thing that stays the same is change, whether it be you or the enviornment. It's just simple history.
I wish that others in the NC had your attitude. It's been suggested in other threads that hunters need to adapt. You can't hunt in the same manner and in the same places as 20 years ago.
If we had the forsight 20 or 30 years ago to see that the habitat was suffering from over population, and taken action then, we may not be discussing this today.
The habitat will eventually come back. Mother nature repairs itself. It may take longer than it took to decimate it,but it will.
With all respect to thesportsmen in those areas, they need to join w/ the PGC and/or the DCNRto improve the habitat. Controlled burns, cuttings, planting and other habitat improvements can be done. Get out there and help Mother Nature along. The benefits will come quicker and it's better time spent.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:20 PM

Someone got a link to2005-06 useable harvest report numbers that was sent in?
Old 03-18-2007, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

the pgc will accept the help but with the DCNR it aint happening.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:56 AM

Here you go. This link takes you to a page where you can analyze to your heart's content:

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/view.asp?A=493&QUESTION_ID=159281
Old 03-19-2007, 06:00 PM

ORIGINAL: patrkyhntr

Here you go. This link takes you to a page where you can analyze to your heart's content:

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/view.asp?A=493&QUESTION_ID=159281

I found the above allready.
But I need the info on how many report cards was sent in for these years also. How many report cards was recieved for these following years are needed if you got a link for that. I am sure they have that on file also.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:01 AM

No, I don't think they do. When they went to the estimated harvest, they began using the method by which they multiply the sent in card results by a factor they get from field checks. If you want to know how many of your fellow license holders send in cards, it is less than 40%. Sickening, but true. At one time, and it may still be so, you could go to Harrisburg and see the cards if you wanted to. I don't think anyone ever bothered.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thefact is that the cards have been offered up repeatedly foranyone to examine. There have been very few takers. Maybe Unified and a certain self appointed talk show host/ outdoors writer ought to put their money where their mouth is and take up the PGC's offer to review the cards. Since they repeatedly dispute the numbers, lets see what they can come up with.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:45 AM
Typical Buck

I attended the PGC's deer harvest calculation open house last fall. All report cards and DMAP report cards were available for anyone to look at. The entire Deer Management Team was there to make presentations and answer questions.

Unified's "avocational deer expert" was also there for two Q & A sessions and spent most of his time criticizing the process by which they calculate kills.He demanded to know why they don't prosecute those who don't return their cards and also criticized their methods, since there were only about 40% of successful hunters who returned a card in 2005/2006.

In my humble opinion, he mostly made a pest of himself and asked questions that made little sense. He might have actually learned something, had he kept his yap shut for more'n a few seconds. But then it was obvious that he hadn't come to learn anything, he'd just showed upto disrupt the proceedings for the rest of us.

Quick Reply: pgc deer report is in

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.