Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Sportsmen's March on Albany - March 13, 2007 >

Sportsmen's March on Albany - March 13, 2007

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Sportsmen's March on Albany - March 13, 2007

Old 03-06-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Sportsmen's March on Albany - March 13, 2007

One week from today, the 20th Annual Sportsmen's March on Albany will take place. With the Grannis nomination, and the potential affects this person could have on our natural resources and enjoyment of the Great Outdoors, this year, more than any year before, is the time to get out in FORCE, and show these politicians that sportsmen, women, children, and all outdoors enthusiasts in NYS have faces, families and freedoms and we are UNITED in our efforts to defend, protect and enhance said rights!

Details on the March is as follows:

When: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 -- 8:30 AM
Where: Albany, NY - Legislative Office Building, Room 828

We are seeking all Outdoors Enthusiasts to join this battle, stand up and be counted on the steps of the State Capitol. This is also the opportunity to MEET with your Senator and Assemblymen and briefly express your concerns and desires in person. Those wishing to speak with their representatives should make an appointment in advance.

We need everyone, from all walks of Outdoors Recreation. Anglers, Hunters, Trappers, Snowmobilers, Horseback Riders, Campers, Hikers, EVERYONE, to show up. All ages are welcomed. Parents, bring your children and show these politicians our future guardians of our natural resources!!

I thank every one from the bottom of my heart for your incredible support in this battle to block Alexander Grannis from this vital position (NYS DEC Commissioner). We all know his record. CANY has also joined the battle, as has the Adirondack Park Local Government Review Board, and National Shooting Sports Foundation, too. Please spread the word as quickly as you can to everyone you know.

Attending this March is definitely worth a vacation day! Our Natural Resources our worth at least that much!!

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me, and I will attempt to get you more info fast. I do know that many county Federation are providing bus transportation for a nominal fee. Such as the Onondaga Federation. Other Federations are not, due to cost.

Again, thank you all so much, and I'll see you at the Sportsmen's March on Albany!

Rich Davenport
Old 03-07-2007, 03:16 PM

Default RE: Sportsmen's March on Albany - March 13, 2007

ttt
Old 03-09-2007, 06:56 AM

ttt
Old 03-14-2007, 01:36 PM

In case no one has heard this, we have now gotten the attention of Gov Spitzer. On Monday, Spitzer announced his Outdoors Sports initiatives.

I will post some updates on this one a bit later on tonight, but, with Spitzer now engaged in the game, its time to invite the Governor to the dance!!

As an FYI, the confirmation vote for Grannis is now slated for NEXT WEEK. I had heard it was going to be held this week (Monday), but I guess that got pushed back because of the budget? Or because of us?? God only knows.

Keep the pressure up. The petition has been mailed in, hard copy, and was received by Senate EnCon committee Monday.

Keep up the pressure....
Old 03-20-2007, 06:03 AM

The confirmation hearings for Grannis start today at 11AM.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:39 AM

how did it go doc?
Old 03-21-2007, 07:13 AM

The confirmation hearings are not over. They have been continued until next week. About half the panel has asked questions, and quite frankly Mr Grannis didn't fare too well.

I have never seen this before, that's for sure. Keep up the fight. THe game ain't over yet...