HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   Anybody else heard this about New Jersey? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/182150-anybody-else-heard-about-new-jersey.html)

NJheadhunter71 02-25-2007 01:48 PM

Anybody else heard this about New Jersey?

Just to let ALL you fellow hunters how bad its getting in NJ I just heard from a reliable source within there own ranks that New Jerkey is going to do away with the earn-a-buck program! Sounds good huh? That is until they start charging extra for the buck tag! That is right you heard it, you can't even shoot a buck until you pay extra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If this it the case I an turning in my hunter ID card and they can take my name out of the database! I will never buy another license in NJ again.

358WINMAN 02-25-2007 02:39 PM

RE: Anybody else heard this about New Jersey?

Thats why I've been starting to hunt NY State more and more. When I add up the costs of all these damn permits we have to buy in NJ, I can buy a non-resident and small game for about the same money.
For this I get to hunt turkey from May 1 to 31 without having to buy a permit for every damn date I want to hunt! I get to hunt with a rifle, which I love, varmint all I want, coyotes, bobcats, groundhogs, etc. and much more friendly land owners who all aren't left wing anti's like in NJ!!!!!
I'm with you, Bud!

PABuck_HNTR 02-25-2007 04:08 PM

and much more friendly land owners who all aren't left wing anti's like in NJ!!!!!

That's the worst part of NJ. All the left wing extremists. I feel bad for you guys that have to deal with the crap that state puts out.

3 gobblers 02-26-2007 01:37 AM

Sorry to hear about your state regs. Its just a matter of time before we get it here in Pa.all the states do what the other states do in proximity of each other e.g. license increase so on and so on. Hang in there:)

liquidorange 02-26-2007 02:49 PM

we could stand up for things but i dont know if the new jersey hunters have the gut. boycott ANY permits and hunt just the regular seasons to send a message. if they need money we HAVE TO TELL THEM TO LOOK ELSEWHERE. [:@] consider this my petition if this crap goes on. its a shame game management has to take a back seat to the fees. im willing to pay for conservation but im talking about resonable fees. lets stop the back room deals and sends a message.

Mr. Longbeard 02-26-2007 05:41 PM

It's only going to get worse

jerseyhunter 02-26-2007 05:59 PM

From what I heard , there doing away with Earn-A-Buck for the Permit Bow Season, Not the EarlyFall Bow.

KoBear 02-27-2007 12:19 AM

i think they should stick with the bank a doe... that was one good idea they have had. possibly the only good idea they've had... ever.

NJheadhunter71 03-04-2007 12:38 AM

Iget upset on what goes on here in NJ. I went to the deer classic this year and again had to sit through the lies about land stewardship and conservation. Is it me or does anybody else not see it? They actually got the balls to stand up there mic in hand and say "the reason we have such great wildlife populations is because of the sound conservation in the state" No, the reason why is because there is no land! What do you think happens when you put 20 rabbits in a cage the size of a coffe table! The commercial fishing is killing the fluke #s and who do they go after, the sportsman! Doesn't one the the board members that sits in the salt water thingamajig for thestate owns, or did own commercial fishing boats while he sat on the board? Is this true? Well gentlemenas of next week I amresearching into buying 3 acres inthe Buffalo Wyoming area. I will have to put up with this crap for some time until I retire sell my house and split.The day is coming when your taxes will be so high from buying open space (space you can't hunt on mind you)you will want to do the same. Pretty soon NJ will be all shopping malls with 30 acreparks everywhere. Sorry to sound so gloomy and arogant (I'm really a nice guy) but it ticks me off the total disregard for what right and what is wrong. One thing I am not though is a quiter. Well atleast not in this state anyway.

NiceAndBlue 03-04-2007 12:58 PM

ORIGINAL: 358WINMAN

Thats why I've been starting to hunt NY State more and more. When I add up the costs of all these damn permits we have to buy in NJ, I can buy a non-resident and small game for about the same money.
For this I get to hunt turkey from May 1 to 31 without having to buy a permit for every damn date I want to hunt! I get to hunt with a rifle, which I love, varmint all I want, coyotes, bobcats, groundhogs, etc. and much more friendly land owners who all aren't left wing anti's like in NJ!!!!!
I'm with you, Bud!
You have to buy a permit for every day u want to hunt turkey? thats the most rediculous thing i ever heard.

man, no wonder why they call NJ the armpit of america...